Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • You value my privacy – every 10 minutes!
  • alanl
    Free Member

This pop up is appearing far too regularly, 5 times in the last 10 minutes, it was a bit less earlier in the day.

I’ve been signed in the whole time. It’s getting a bit more than annoying.

AFAIAA, nothing has changed at my end, and it didnt happen until yesterday.

Another bug?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It’s REALLY important to them

tomhoward

Oddly, I see about the same number of threads on the subject as I do things to click mentioning my privacy….

rOcKeTdOg

“p” is not just for privacy

hopeforthebest
    Free Member

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

scotroutes

When do the schools break up for Christmas? I think that’s when the developers can take break from their homework and fix a few things.

Cougar

I’ll make Tech aware.  What platform / browser?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Still constantly happening with me too. I’ve had 3 phones in the last few months, all have had exactly the same continual oiouo, it’s infuriating. All Android with most up to date Chrome browser version.

Cougar

All with synchronised settings and plugins?

There’s clearly something going on client side which is affecting the writing / reading of cookies, or it’d affect everyone (see also, people complaining of being logged out all the time).  Some sort of adblocker / script blocker / other random ‘security’ setting or plugin on your phone is playing silly buggers, I’ll put money on it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Classic STW victim blaming

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I thought it was just me. Mine pops up every every minute.

squirrelking
    Free Member

If it was a plugin or script it would be affecting more than just this site surely?

Fwiw adblock sorts the privacy popup and kills the rogue script that causes the page to hang up. That’s on Firefox on Windows and Android. Safari seems fine for me oddly enough though I am on an ipad 4 (retina) so ios 9 I think?

bruneep

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>yourguitarhero
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Classic STW victim blaming

</div>

so it seems……

twice this week I’ve had to play whackamole to try and avoid the pop ups when I’ve been logged out of laptop.

This is the only site I visit that this happens why can everywhere else get it right and yet this place can’t?

piemonster

There’s clearly something going on client side

Are people experiencing this with this site, and this site only?

onehundredthidiot

Yep this site only. It’s ridiculous. Any page change and there it is. Happily go p but you complain too.

Pixel2 latest chrome and android.

nealglover
    Free Member

For me at least yes. Only ever here.

I never have the same issues anywhere else I visit (plenty of other similar forums etc)

(same with the weird spellcheck errors. Only ever happens here.)

Can’t figure how it can be blamed on user settings when the whole rest of the internet seems to be totally ok with my settings.

martinhutch

If by the weird spellcheck errors you mean Swiftkey on Android, then there was a relatively recent update to this which did sort it out for me.

But this is the only errr…respectable… site where I’ve had page hijacks and popups recently, browsing incognito on Chrome.

ransos
    Free Member

Yeah, but somebody, somewhere else may have had the problem on another site, and you can’t prove they haven’t, so it’s not STW’s fault. That’s what I was told, anyway.

nealglover
    Free Member

If by the weird spellcheck errors you mean Swiftkey on Android

No it’s ios on iPhone. It just corrects things into really weird words rather than the normal spellcheck type errors. Not a big problem (but only ever happens here)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

only ever happens here

I sense there may be a common theme developing, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

pondo

Yes, and only since the update, on the same phone I didn’t get the issue with previously. Tried the STW cookie killer thing, still the same.

ji
    Free Member

Yep this site only. It’s ridiculous. Any page change and there it is. Happily go p but you complain too.

Pixel2 latest chrome and android.

Snap. Given up browsing on mobile due to this and the not knowing what thread you actually clicked on issue which also only affects this site.

nbt

My guess is that it’s not the STW site that’s causing the popup, its the ads. Lets just say I’ve never seen it…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, happening to me too.

Get logged out on each visit to the site, Privacy pop up comes up, have to accept all the bollocks, then log back in again.

After logging back in again it looks like they’ve also changed the screen sizing because now I have a black border which is no doubt obliterated with adverts.

Even I, someone who respects the owners views, am getting cheesed off with the way the site has been built and released, and all the bugs that clearly are still here.. bugs mentioned after the upgrade still haven’t been fixed, and that sodding Privacy Statement I want to ram up someone’s arse.

Drac

that sodding Privacy Statement I want to ram up someone’s arse.

I’m not sure they’d value that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤣👏👍

regenesis
    Free Member

Perhaps they might notice it though Drac…..

nickjb
    Free Member

Still happening to me. Last night and this morning. Every few seconds, then nothing, then it happens again

brakes
    Free Member

I preferred it when companies didn’t value our privacy…

ctk
    Free Member

Twice in the time its taken me to read this thread – now thrice-

Windows phone, only happens here. I am always logged in.

ferrals
    Free Member

Yep same here, both on ipad and iphone, when logged in or when loged out.

Doesnt really matter on the ipad as i cant read more than a couple of posts before the page decides to re-load so I’ve given up

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

All with synchronised settings and plugins?

There’s clearly something going on client side which is affecting the writing / reading of cookies, or it’d affect everyone (see also, people complaining of being logged out all the time).  Some sort of adblocker / script blocker / other random ‘security’ setting or plugin on your phone is playing silly buggers, I’ll put money on it.

Nope. The second of the three phones was a temporary one and I couldn’t sync anything with it, the behaviour of the popup was the same. This is the only site I visit that has this issue, I’d equally put money on it being a STW issue, not client side.

windysurfer
    Free Member

same here, on Google Chrome with no plugins ( at work) on a W7 PC.

Stoner
    Free Member

Every couple of minutes. Cookie killer predictably useless. What with jump about page loads, links doing the hokey cokey and privacy popups this will probably the last attempt I make at reading and posting on this shonktastic site without the protection of ad blocker on the desktop browser.

16+(?)year old susbscription renewal cancelled months ago. Still no reason to resubscribe.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What if they don’t actually value our privacy at all?

#makesyouthink

perchypanther
    Free Member

What if they don’t actually value our privacy at all?

#makesyouthink

I think that they might value their own privacy much, much more than ours.

Perhaps that’s why they go on Facebook and tell users to Foxtrot Oscar.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Been an issue on my PC on google chrome for months, in the last couple of days it now affects my mobile chrome browser too, every time I get a new page.

Slacks
    Free Member

Happens every time I enter a thread or navigate around the forum. It’s only this site that’s the problem. I’m on latest version of android.

ctk
    Free Member

#stwexit

😉

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Perhaps that’s why they go on Facebook and tell users to Foxtrot Oscar.

Really? Where? Not on FB myself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘You value my privacy – every 10 minutes!’ is closed to new replies.