Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yodel’s new ‘live tracking’ – accurate?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Have a delivery coming from Yodel ( 🙁 ) and have been following the live tracking they now do.

Anyone have any experience of how accurate it actually is? I’ve got my doubts as the idiot couldn’t manage to deliver to a factory full of people yesterday and the ‘calling card’ was no where to be found..

Simwit

I had the exact same scenario last week, it’s a load of rubbish. Do yourself a favour & reschedule to pick it up yourself from the depot – yes you’re doing their job for them but it was the only way I got to see my parcel after several days of Yodel failures, 5 days for a next day delivery, I actually think they do it on purpose to save them the effort! Still took them 15 mins to find it in the depot even then mind 🙁

FuzzyWuzzy

I used it a few weeks back, seemed a bit off (a refresh and it would jump somewhere it wouldn’t make sense to have gone). I was the last delivery (I think told it would arrive by 9pm), it didn’t and at 9:10pm the website updated to say sorry the courier couldn’t make it today and would deliver it tomorrow (despite the last tracked position showing he was about 500m from my house). Then about 20 minutes later the courier turned up and apologised for being late, glad I hadn’t popped out based on the tracking website info…

tdog
    Free Member

Hopefully you’ll be able to track it to the driver’s house because that’ll be where it will end up then onto pub then into it’s new owner’s hands*

😝

*probably 99.9% true

chewkw
    Free Member

I had my delivery this morning by one of their competitor …same thing happened.

Received a text message in the morning saying parcel was on the way and would be delivered between 9.15am to 10.15am but no one turn up, so I checked their website again only to see them reschedule to 2.56pm to 3pm.  Luckily neighbour was around to collect for me as I was away by then.  Having said that they did text message me to update me that they were arriving at around 2.26pm and friend did confirm parcel was delivered around 3pm.

The way I see it this an improvement but need a bit more improvement in getting the timing right.

😀

forge197
    Free Member

I tracked mine, driver had 100 drops to do, it got to your driver is 7 stops away, the next update I’d been logged as building shut, yet it’s an office I was there and near the front window, it was still 7 stops to go and I’d been carded effectively but nothing through the door. 😂

All the options for the parcel for redelivery or collect greyed out, it came the day it was supposed too in the end, I spoke to CRC and got my next day delivery charge refunded.

it seemed very accurate the next day it was also annoying to see how close it was the day before they gave up on delivering for the day, with 24 of 100 to go…..

stevied
    Free Member

Well, by some sort of miracle, the live tracking was just that. Accurate to within 5 minutes 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yodel’s new ‘live tracking’ – accurate?’ is closed to new replies.