Home Forums Bike Forum XTR Di2 with Syncro shift (2×11)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XTR Di2 with Syncro shift (2×11)
  • wheely
    Free Member

is anyone running this setup ?

My Scalpel has it but had already been converted to 1 x 11 by the time I bought it – but have all the front stuff that was removed. Syncro shift does sounds awesome and many benefits even with small weight penalty of front mech and extra chainring.

However last time I tried to install the front mech was way out of alignment and the digital controller didn’t seem to allow incremental adjustments like it does for the rear. There is no Bluetooth on this unit and doesn’t connect to iPad app.

Anyone got feedback on setup and info on adjusting – seems very little on line that’s for my configuration.

orangeboy
    Free Member

You can use the charger to connect your bike to the Shimano e-tube website to help adjust and set things up.

How far out was the mech ? The limit screws will make a huge difference to the mechs starting position.

Your not missing that much with a iPhone app as it’s a bit flaky

lustyd
    Free Member

The problem I see is that Shimano don’t make a close ratio cassette any more. As a result, even if you fit a double up front you wouldn’t get nicer ratios and won’t get noticably better range for most riding. Unless you’re going to a proper mountain range and riding all day I’d put those parts on Ebay and buy yourself something nice. Don’t forget that if you have the 42t or 46t cassette at the rear you’d need to swap that for the 11-40 as well.

I’m confident the shifting would be superb, of course. I also like the idea of the syncro, just not convinced of the value over your 1x setup.

sillyoldman

Works well with 11-40 (that’s what I’ve been running for the last couple of years on it), but also works with 11-42 XT if you want a slightly wider range, or the HG800 11-34 Ultegra level cassette with the narrower base that fits an MTB hub if you want a tighter spread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XTR Di2 with Syncro shift (2×11)’ is closed to new replies.