Home Forums Chat Forum X box one X

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • X box one X
  • eruptron
    Free Member

Have an original Xbox one. Is it worth upgrading? Especially as I don’t have a 4K tv
    I’ve a 1080 plasma though.

GeForceJunky

Nope, very little point in upgrading unless you have a 4k.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Even with 4k I’m not sure it’s worth it, most “enhanced” games seem to be capped at 30fps. Dunno if the extra grunt would help with the frame tearing you occasionally get.

Cougar

The raison d’etre of the One X is 4K gaming. If you don’t have a 4K TV then there’s very clearly zero point in upgrading.

I’ve not yet seen it in action but I’m sceptical of the whole notion of 4K games anyway. It might look pretty on screenshots, but when I’m playing Forza Horizon 3 in an X-class and trying to work out when I can afford to blink, I’m not spending much time admiring the scenery.

noltae
    Free Member

Even the ‘4k’ games are not true 4K – this will change in time – probably when they launch the Xbox 2 – If you want incremental visual upgrades the X will deliver – even on a 1080p screen – Super sampling can render ‘4k’ at 1080p with more fidelity – but in real life terms it’s negligible – you’d need to be sitting closer than recommended infront of a large screen – I still may get the X but I dont think early adoption is worth it if you already have a One – If your still on a 360 amd your feeling flush then go for it . .

djflexure

Something inside me wants to try the driving race simulations. I have never gamed in my life. See how quick I can get round Laguna secca, Nurburgring etc. Would defo need a wheel. Seen that pic online of the chap with full face, steerer on ironing board sort of put me off. What sort of kit would be desirable. Xbox X + wheel + game (which one) or just regular X box?

bodgy
    Free Member

I’ve just upgraded from my 360 to an X. On a 4K TV it is stunning.

COD WWII – stunning
    Skyrim – stunning, amazingly beautiful.
    Dirt rally – really very good.
    Halo 5 – stunning.

And it plays most 360 games with enhanced graphics.

metcalt

A friend of mine has just upgraded to the X and a new TV with it, from his feedback Battlefield looked amazing as it was in 4K but some games (Destiny for example) have not yet launched a 4K patch (think he said Feb ’18) so he’s just got a slight upscale.

He’s sent TV back as it wasn’t as good as he thought and now he’s back on his old setup (still a 4K TV) he’s lamenting his purchase of the X. He had an Xbox One Elite which was faster than our standard models and he doesn’t think the update is worth it until more games patch for 4K.

I’m still happy with my original Xbox one, I might be tempted to upgrade to the S for slightly better performance and a bigger HDD but at the moment I feel like I’ll hang on and see what happens in the future.

bodgy
    Free Member

True, Microsoft have released it without there being many fully fledged 4K titles, but there’s a few, with plenty in the pipeline and patches coming for many that aren’t. Red Dead Redemption II looks fab.

julians
    Free Member

xbox onex prices are slowly coming down.

Game are doing a one x , forza 7, 2 months now tv , plus an extra controller for £459.

or the MS store is doing a one x, forza 7, gears of war 4, and halo wars 2 for £469

I’ll probably get one shortly.

prawny

djflexure – Member
    Something inside me wants to try the driving race simulations. I have never gamed in my life. See how quick I can get round Laguna secca, Nurburgring etc. Would defo need a wheel. Seen that pic online of the chap with full face, steerer on ironing board sort of put me off. What sort of kit would be desirable. Xbox X + wheel + game (which one) or just regular X box?

This is probably worthy of it’s own megathread, but I’ve just got into this on the PS3. Starting at the very cheap end I’ve got a copy of F1 2010 and GT5 plus a 10 year old force feedback wheel from CEX (£30) and an £8 tray table. It’s fantastic.

Much more realistic than a game pad, even on my old wheel you can feel what the car is doing through the wheel, just for fun last night I set it to expert on F1 2010 and set about learning the tracks the hard way, I got lapped within 10 laps, but it was great fun. Already thinking about getting a PS4 and better wheel. Need to find somewhere to put a Playseat too…

squirrelking
    Free Member

End of the day though, if you want a full on simulator you aren’t going to mess about with a console.

I bought an S recently, it’s certainly better than my 10 year old PC but frankly not by as much as you would think. It was a hell of a lot cheaper though and I have friends on Live so it was well worth it. Anyway, that’s far enough down that rabbit hole.

For casual, sure why not, if you have the TV and don’t mind something that is inherently limited but still better than the base model go for it. I found mine on consoledeal or whatever it’s called, it’s a price scraper that lists the packages you can get from various outlets although the specific deal I got wasn’t listed (One S, Destiny 2, Forza Horizons 3 + Hotwheels, 12 months Gold and second controller for about £250 after playing with extras, orginal deal was minus the second controller IIRC for same price) on Very who also give a discount for your first purchase. Winner. Also got it the morning after I ordered it.

julians
    Free Member

Just ordered a one x with extra wireless controller and 6 games ( forza7,dishonoured2,fallout 4,doom,playerunknown battlegrounds,elite dangerous) for £512 .

Seems like a decent enough deal.

prawny

That seems like a very good deal based on the basic price.

It does however breach the magic £500 barrier where I’d start thinking about what else I could have bought with the money. I’d have had to buy that lot in at least 2 separate transactions to sneak it past myself.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Don’t expect too much from PUBG right now. Shonkey until a few folk die off.

julians
    Free Member

have had to buy that lot in at least 2 separate transactions to sneak it past myself.

That is exactly what i did. 2 transactions- Console and 5 games for 449, then the controller and final game for the rest

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘X box one X’ is closed to new replies.