Home Forums Bike Forum Would you like to swap Hope hoses?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would you like to swap Hope hoses?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just bought some new Hope brakes which arrived today.  However, I have ordered braided hoses by mistake. Is anyone in the position of having new unused brakes with black hose but fancy the silver braided stuff instead?

jes
    Free Member

If new I am sure whomever you purchased them from would exchange for sets with the black hoses.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe, but just thought someone else might benefit.

davosaurusrex

Do you need the fittings or just the hose? I have a lot of new Hope hose in the garage

mrmoofo
    Free Member

It doesn’t help but the braided hoses are a complete waste of time ….

File with finned brake pads ….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer, but I have loads of hose. The shroud nuts and olives are different sizes so it’s a bit more involved than just changing the hose.

andyl
    Free Member

The braided hoses are not to make the brakes sharper (Hope are very open about that as modern plastic hoses are very good) but they are there to be more resistant to damage and they are oddly more flexible so less problematic to route on full suspension bikes.

curvature
    Free Member

I also find the clear pvc to the braided hose is less abrasive to paintwork too.

eulach

It’s not just the efficiency, you also have to consider the weight penalty of braided hoses. Particularly on DH bikes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would you like to swap Hope hoses?’ is closed to new replies.