Home Forums Bike Forum Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)
  • timmys

If there is a moral to this story maybe its to never ever use hotmail.com email adresses.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

I always use the old hotmail when I dont want to get spammed to death in my personal email inbox, online registrations for forums and websites and stuff ;-)

Thats all its good for.

walleater

Rosa just needs to learn how to type and this seatpost will almost be a full house!

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@airvent

@oneupcomponents

You are absolutely right, how do I change the thread title? I cant find a way to edit it?

As I said in my email to Owen & Fraser at OneUp just today:

“…You guys really have done whatever it takes to get this sorted and I hold my hands up to the fact that there was no failure on your part in this as you can’t act on something that you don’t even know exists (missing emails)

And as people have suggested I change the STW thread title to reflect my realisation of this. I don’t know how to do that but will figure out how to get it amended.

I know the title of my Singletrackworld Thread does not reflect accurately on you as individuals and as a company and as some have remarked, definitely the opposite of what my thread title suggests.

I apologise for my grouchy behaviour. You(Owen), Fraser and Jon have all rallied in incredible fashion to get this taken care of…”

zerocool

Have you tried finding out where they live and knocking on their front door?

bruneep

as people have suggested I change the STW thread title to reflect my realisation of this. I don’t know how to do that but will figure out how to get it amended.

maybe a mod @cougar can do this for you?

tuboflard

I love a happy ending.

zippykona

With our shop email if we email anyone at Bt .com it bounces back a couple of days later.
    We think we’ve spoken to someone , we haven’t.
    In this tech age there’s a million and one things that can go wrong for no reason. ( well , it’s a vengeful specify ****, with no socks and a beard getting his own back on society for being bullied at school)

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@cougar

If mods are happy to change the thread title.
    It would be better if it said something like:

“Be wary of using hotmail emails contacting customer service departments”

Thanks

chiefgrooveguru

We’ve had similar issues at work, with people’s servers (not spam filters, the server before that) not letting through our email replies to customers. Sometimes I’ll try to track them down via other methods but I rarely have the time. It’s a nightmare when you’re a small business with a reputation for great customer service.

Cougar

Sorry, I’ve just been pinged in this.

1) A colleague has amended the thread title now I believe.

2) Any “I don’t know how…” type STW queries can be fielded by emailing moderator@ this domain. I believe you can report your own posts now even, which will also bring it to our attention.

3) @-ing an individual moderator inline is inefficient. I might not be around (I mean, radical right?) whereas an email / Report Post always goes to the whole team.

4) There’s nothing wrong with Hotmail accounts, if an MX is throwing away emails from one of the biggest email providers on the planet then that’s the fault of that particular mail host.

5) Email generally doesn’t just disappear into the ether, it is a primitive but very mature technology. If there’s an addressing issue or some other reason why it cannot be delivered then the sender should get an NDR telling them it’s failed (and why). Otherwise it’s $somewhere at the remote end or in transit, perhaps a junk mail quarantine or some such. If OneUp didn’t receive the OP’s emails then either they were never properly sent in the first place (Drafts?) or they need to look harder.

freeridenick
    Free Member

ordered a oneup dropper and chain device yesterday.
    then emailed asking to cancel the chain devive about 5 hours later, as thinking it might not fit on my mew trek slash

They reached out to their rider Christina Chapetta (of pinkbike fame) who rides a slash and she confirmed it is OK!

How good is that customer service!

tails
    Free Member

@oneupcomponents

Any chance you can make an electric dropper post. That’s all Thanks.

nickjb
    Free Member

…and, while you are here, some of us still like the RAD cage but you seem to have stopped making it.

Greybeard
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with Hotmail accounts, if an MX is throwing away emails from one of the biggest email providers on the planet then that’s the fault of that particular mail host.

My experience is different. I had my website and email hosted in different places. The MX was properly configured and no other service had a problem using it. Hotmail sent emails to me to the A record, not the MX, and unfortunately my website host was also running a mail server that knew nothing about me so bounced my mail.

tops5
    Free Member

Yea bring back the RAD cage!

chiefgrooveguru

“ 5) Email generally doesn’t just disappear into the ether, it is a primitive but very mature technology. If there’s an addressing issue or some other reason why it cannot be delivered then the sender should get an NDR telling them it’s failed (and why).”

This is what happens to us as a business trying to reply to some customers – the server tells us they’re blocking our email but gives us no way to get a message to the customer. It’s a seriously shit system.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)’ is closed to new replies.