Home Forums Bike Forum Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)
  • munkiemagik
    Free Member

180mm 30.9 V2 Dropper
    Order Confirmation email: 24 December
    Shipping confirmaiton email 29 December

Package not yet received

Over 3 weeks attempted communication now and still no response/reply from OneUp. Multiple emails sent.

This is an absolute joke.

Spoken with Yodel the courier, they are investigating as there seems to be a glitch with the package info on their end and asked me to contact vendor

I have tried to contact OneUp through PayPal’s Resolution Centre and still they haven’t responded.

I have posted on their Facebook page and no still no response

This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced and that’s including the time an Edinburgh bike shop damaged my fork stanchion and tried to deny responsibility. I’ve paid for a dropper and not received it and no-one can be bothered to explain why.

Anyone have any further suggestions on how I can make contact with OneUp UK division please?

(I DONT want a refund, so dont want to escalate the paypal case, I just want OneUp to WakeUp
    I NEED THE 180mm 30.9 dropper because of its stack height and insertion depth it is just right for my combination of body proportions and bike seat tube irregularities)

plus-one

Sounds like courier company are at fault. One up sent it !

Nick

Your contract is with OneUp not the courier, OneUp need to deal with the courier.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

I spoke with Courier cust service and they said there’s some issue at their end with the package not having scanned right (whatever that means) so they will investigate but if no further progress on tracking info or delivery to contact OneUp

Which I have been trying to do since December and not heard anything from them

hopkinsgm

Sounds like courier company are at fault. One up sent it !

It’s the old thing about the buyer having no contract with the courier company whereas the seller does. Buyer cannot resolve this with courier – OneUp potentially could (or send another).

Do OneUp have a UK distributor or do they do it direct from the US? Noting the dates, I wonder if this is stuck in some kind of customs/import hell hole waiting for clearance and/or payment?

leegee

Had an issue with my V1 dropper stuck down recently, OneUp could not have been more helpful and its now resolved. Someone I met riding a while back had trouble with their pedals and it was sorted quickly.

I’m sorry to hear about your issues and I’m suprised they have not sorted it.

kelvin

Do OneUp have a UK distributor or do they do it direct from the US?

They’re dispatched from the UK, by a UK fulfilment company. That’s also how they supply the whole of Europe…so might be “a bit” busy right now.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

I can definitely understand that they will be busy. But I wouldn’t expect it to take over 3 weeks to reply to any email. As some of you guys are saying you get pretty quick responses, (might have to pull out the old race card here, JOKES, KIDDING!!!!)

But if they are using a UK fulfilment company then I guess trying to find a contact telephone number is just never going to happen.

If it wasn’t for the fact that these damn things are never in stock and you have to wait months and months to get one it wouldn’t be such a big issue.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

…and I’m suprised they have not sorted it

Its more that they’ve not even acknowledged that they have noticed I am having an issue. I am literally in radio silence from OneUp nothing since the automated order confirmation email and shipping confirmation email.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Escalate through PayPal.
    Take the refund.
    Either reorder once that’s cleared and its back in stock if you *need* that dropper (you don’t, it’s a seat post not a new liver)
    Or chalk it up to experience and decide you wouldn’t want the hassle of dealing with any subsequent problems on the basis of this experience and order a 170mm or what ever from elsewhere.

It’s not life and death, it’s a minor annoyance.

nicknameless
    Free Member

another one who has had quick responses from One Up CS previously – seems out of character

v7fmp

Have you tried all of their email addresses….

info@oneupcomponents.com
    dealers@oneupcomponents.com
    warranty@oneupcomponents.com
    returns@oneupcomponents.com

i know its probably not ideal, but you could bombard them with an email to each address above in the hope that one gets through to someone?

Have you checked your spam email too?

I have only heard good things about them, but we all drop the ball sometimes, so i can understand your frustration!

Good luck!

nigew
    Free Member

This doesn’t help your predicament but i had a tiny prob with my order and I got a good positive response at info@oneupcomponents.com they couldn’t have been more helpful

Hope you get sorted.

walleater

It’s three weeks, over the Christmas period and in the middle of a pandemic. You NEED a sense of reality.

walleater

Oh and I’ve just looked at their UK version of the site and they even give you the email address in case of issues like the one here. Use it!

https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/pages/contact

big_scot_nanny

How frustrating, can’t imagine whats gone wrong there with One Up – I’m another whose only experience with One Up has been immediate and stellar.

dethbeard
    Free Member

Raise a dispute, claim a refund, buy the exact same product from a different store?

https://20twentystore.com/products/oneup-dropper-post-v2?variant=35104398966936
    for example.

breninbeener

There is one new in the classifieds.

Cancel with pp and buy that if its so urgent. Otherwise im guessing a global pandemic and other import hassles are keeping them super busy

thepurist

Not sure you can find their CEO but a few of their employees are on Linked In[/url] – you could message them on there?

oneupcomponents
    Free Member

First, I’m very sorry that this has been your experience. We pride ourselves on getting back to every e-mail within 2-48hrs so there must have been some breakdown here. Let’s get to the bottom of it and get you sorted ASAP.

Please email info@oneupcomponents.com and respond on here with your subject line. I’ll have our CS team look for it immediately.

Yes, Christmas has been a busy season but your wait time and impression of our after sale service is not up to our standards.

I look forward to your e-mail
    Jon
    Owner
    OneUp Components

walleater

edit – a happy ending. Yay!

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@walleater

I appreciate you trying to be the voice of reason, but if several members here and many other forums are all claiming excellent response times in these circumstances then no I don’t think I or anyone else in this situation NEEDs a new sense of reality

and as for suggesting I read a webpage to get an email address, thanks, sometimes we do overlook the most obvious things, but I suggest you also take that advice and read the OP before responding to OP and that way you will have spotted that I have sent multiple emails and you can safely assume I did not send them to anyone@somewhere.whatever

Which is why I am asking for ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF COMMUNICATION as in the defualt method is not working out

@v7fmp
    – thank you for the other email suggestions

I will give those other addresses a crack and hopefully someone there might pass it on the right way

oneupcomponents
    Free Member

@munkiemagik – Just double checking that you saw my response above.

Jon

ayjaydoubleyou

Less than an hour, I think one-up are even quicker than Brant.

Question is, is one of their employees pissing about on STW at work, or have they got a web tracker running? ;-)

(Happy EDC owner here, by the way)

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@oneupcomponents – Thank you for your intervention here Jon.

As it so happens, I sent you a very non-happily worded email with pdf attachments of previous email correspondence and transcript of conversation with Yodel Customer Service earlier this afternoon at 2:40pm. you will have received the same email from two addresses, my personal gmail account and the hotmail account that was registered to the order #U5469.

the subject was:

“Re: Get Stoked – Your OneUp order #U5469 is on the way”

I even tagged it as High Importance.

timmys

Less than an hour, I think one-up are even quicker than Brant.

Question is, is one of their employees pissing about on STW at work, or have they got a web tracker running? 😉

If they have a web tracker running it wasn’t working a week ago when the OP first posted about this!

danmac
    Free Member

I found 20twentystore.com cracking for delivery and good stock of oneup bits. Ordered Xmas eve lunch time and part turned up 1st working day after xmas. Was expecting after new year with the current situation and with it being Christmas but all in all very impressed

Edit… I tell a lie. It was bike tart over Christmas, but also had great service from 20twenty with oneup parts

airvent
    Free Member

Dude chill out, talk about a disproportionate response, there’s a pandemic going on, couriers with large proportions of staff legally having to self isolate, post-Brexit administrative headaches and you’ve had a response from the company owner.

scruff
    Free Member

Funny. I preferred it when Jon used to live under a bridge on this website.

matt_outandabout

If they have a web tracker running it wasn’t working a week ago when the OP first posted about this!

Mine only send me a weekly round up or I get inundated.

OP, I hope you can get it resolved. Another happy experience with OneUp here – they went above and beyond when Radon dropped the ball.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Oneup has always gone above and beyond in my experience.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@airvent

Thanks for the reminder to breathe, I am way more chilled now as I have just received an email from Fraser@oneup customer service offering his assistance to get this resolved and of course after Jon the owner intervening on this thread.

But seeing as Jon the owner himself claims (even now in middle of a pandemic) that “they pride themselves on responding to every email within 2-48 hours and several singletrack members here and in another thread state they received immediate responses even in the middle of a covid pandemic and Fraser at customer service says they have a 6 man team responding to emails and doesnt know how my emails got missed, please define what you think disproportionate means and why in this case I shouldn’t consider something is wrong with the communication channels considering I have sent emails on:

26 Decemember, 29 December, 3 January, 6 january, 12 January 13 January and didn’t receive any response until I started this thread today

crumpsbutts
    Free Member

Praise from me too. OneUp dealt with my issue very swifly despite my contract technically being with the retailer and not OneUp themselves.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

Having finally heard from Fraser @oneupcomponents from what he was telling me it does seem fair to say that there is nothing OneUp could have done differently in this situation

He was telling me that he could not find any of my previous emails in his system apart from the one they missed last week. If due to some odd technical reason my hotmail emails are not consistently being delivered to OneUp then I admit I genuinely cannot fault OneUP customer service for this situation. And their customer services reputation should not be tarnished by my experience.

If there is a moral to this story maybe its to never ever use hotmail.com email adresses.

plus-one

Or calm down a bit ;)

airvent
    Free Member

Perhaps you should edit the title and original post now, then. Glad to hear its sorted.

agis2012
    Free Member

Storm in a tea cup blows over. Definitely worth editing the title of this post now.

Another happy customer of OneUp.

endomick
    Free Member

Munkiemagik, for what its worth I’d be fuming too, so whats their excuse for ignoring PayPal resolution centre as well, I wouldn’t believe every excuse.
    I guess airvent totally missed your point and as for walleater, just ignore, there’s always one agitating cupid stunt.

oneupcomponents
    Free Member

Hi there,

We found your Hotmail message from 7 days ago, very sorry to have missed it. That is the only message in our system, however.

We’ll respond to you directly via email just now.

Thanks for finding a way to get this back and forth going. It seems the email medium simply failed us so far this time around. That’s regrettable and I apologize.

As Jon mentioned, we are not in the ignoring emails business. I and my team genuinely want to help each OneUp customer. We respond to upwards of 400 inquiries per week and hate to miss one.

I see that we had a 1250 word thread going in August regarding questions you had pre-purchase. That exchange exemplifies what we aim to do in support here. I hope that missing this one email from you a week ago doesn’t actually make us the worst at customer service. It’s a miss, I’ll own that but it does not speak indicatively of some mission statement toward poor customer service.

Moving toward a solution for you; I’ve created a new order for you and a second dropper post can ship to you in Exeter tomorrow.
    I’ll be sure to upgrade the service away from Yodel and they have not proven ideal so far. If you can email us back and confirm your address we’ll release that order. We laid out other options in the email should you prefer to cancel and shop elsewhere also.

Thanks for your patience, and again, very sorry for missing that email a week ago.
    We truly aim for the opposite of your thread name here and plan on proving that for you going forward.

Thanks for your order and stay safe,

Owen Foster

Warehouse & Customer Service Manager
    OneUp Components

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@oneupcomponents

Thank you Owen I did notice that a confirmation popped up in my hotmail email. Though the new invoice had the original address on it and not the work address I sent in reply to Fraser via email around 5pm today.

Which now has me wondering has that 5pm email vanished from your systems? I am unsure now of how to maintain communication with you.

I’m glad you managed to do some digging around and found the original conversation I was having with you back in August prior to purchasing. I apologise that we had such a lengthy 1250 word exchange but my requirements were a little complex due to my and my bikes and your posts dimensions.

But you can also see there how when I replied to Corey on the 14 August it took further prompting from me to finally hear back on the 1st September

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to OneUp Components (amended thread title)’ is closed to new replies.