Home Forums Bike Forum Whyte 130 Sizing. 6'2" Large or X Large?

• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pnik.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whyte 130 Sizing. 6'2" Large or X Large?
  • Matt-P
    Free Member

Took a Large for a test ride today and liked it, bike shop saying XL could be better fit. I’m right on the border on the sizing charts, any recommendations from people who’ve got or tried them?

CrispyCSW

6’3″ on an XL here, at 6’2″ I’d say XL all the way

samwilk200
    Free Member

6’2″ on an XL here with 170mm dropper and 800mm bars.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Rockplough
    Free Member

6’1″ here on a large T-129 which fits me perfect.

If you liked the fit of the large why consider going up a size?

wiggles
    Free Member

If you liked the fit of the large why consider going up a size?

Because it might be better? The size down/up does have to feel terribly wrong for another one to better.

I’d guess at XL for you height but need go try it out really

mboy
    Free Member

Sold a few now and almost everyone has gone for the size up when on the cusp. Would be surprised if you didn’t like the feel of the XL at your height.

lawman91

I’m 6ft 1 and ride a Large T130, find it spot on. Tried an XL and it felt too much like my old Mondraker, fast but not that agile and I specifically wanted something a little shorter and more agile feeling. At 6ft3 you could ride either really, but would probably suggest trying an XL if you can

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

5’11” and L is perfect for me. You have to be an XL.

weeksy

6’0 here on a 2015 and a M….

transition1
    Free Member

I am 6ft 1″ & although not the same bike I went up a size to XL Transition Smuggler 483mm reach so same as T130 XL having a longer torso I love it, I 1st rode it with a 50mm stem too now fitted with a 35mm one.
    BY 2018 all the reach on frames will probably have grown 20mm again anyway….

pnik

Im same height and demo’ed a t129 in large felt like it needed a longer stem, so I’m waiting for a go on an XL pretty sure it will be a better fit. also have a demo booked for a t130 in XL but have to wait until january, but may have bought something by then.

In short i think xl will be right, but you really need to try even if its just a car park go.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Agreed on needing to give one a try, whichever way I go I’ll have those doubts unless I’ve tried both.

pnik

Post script, i took an XL out last week, and found it to be a better fit generally, but found it a bit of a handful in the local singletrack, not sure if it was the increased wheelbase or what, i’m erring towards a large with a slightly longer stem and higher bars, 60mm and 38mm renthals. I currently have a large orange (2012 26″) with 70mm and high rise fat boys. Not sure if that helps, the xl felt good in the car park test, but not so much when it got tighter and more technical.

for what its worth i’ve relatively long legs for my height. The XL santa cruz hightower fitted great and handling was superb, but it’s more of a bike than i need and am willing to pay for, although it was really good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 130 Sizing. 6'2" Large or X Large?’ is closed to new replies.