Home Forums Chat Forum Why doesn’t my Samsung TV get on with my BT Smart Hub 6?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Why doesn’t my Samsung TV get on with my BT Smart Hub 6?
  • oceanskipper

The TV is still requesting an IP address from a DHCP server – so it’s still involved… But it will assign the same IP address each time the lease is renewed.

Not if the TV has a static address as well.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yes but that’s not what the instruction was – was it?

(Thought it was just to tell the DHCP server to assign the TV the same IP addy each time.

Which is pointless if the TV has a static IP as the DHCP server will never see it!

oceanskipper

@sharkbait – it’s not pointless as the DHCP in the hub is not going to give that address to anything else and thereby allowing the TV to keep it as a static address – yes ideally the address pool needs to be modified and the TV given an address outside the pool to be truly static but with an address configured on the TV and DHCP not giving it out then it should at least prove if DHCP on the TV is the issue. Anyway feel free to give the OP the benefit of your expertise if you think I’m wrong, I was just trying to keep it as simple as poss! 😜

Harry_the_Spider

15 hours in and it is still connected…

fossy

Whoop ! Static IP fixed it ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thats good!
    So, if it sticks, – and let’s hope it does – then the TV was either not asking for a new IP address when the lease expired or the homehub wasn’t renewing it.

fossy

It’s the only way our two Samsungs worked, was making static IP’s. I’ve got the CCTV, powerline extender and network drive on a static IP, but everything else is dynamic.

oceanskipper

15 hours in and it is still connected…

Yay! :-)

edhornby

just in case this helps anyone when searching etc – we’ve had an issue with kindle’s not connecting to the home hub when everything else is working fine, the resolution is to switch from performance to compatibility mode – in the router admin where you can see the 2.4 and 5ghz options there is a combo box with ‘Mode 1’ and ‘Mode 2’ , the default performance is 1, and changing this is less painful than splitting out the channels.

cheers for all the help from the posters on this thread, good work

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Why doesn’t my Samsung TV get on with my BT Smart Hub 6?’ is closed to new replies.