Home Forums Bike Forum Who in the UK for a custom framebag?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Who in the UK for a custom framebag?
  • letmetalktomark

Howdy folks.

After playing around with carrying more on the bike in various locations – frame, handlebars, seatpost – I prefer the framebag.

Over the years I have accumulated a few bags of varying sizes but they are all dwarfed by the gargantuan void that is the space in the middle fo my Genesis Longitude!

IMG_9465

I’d like a custom pack that retains at least the ST mounted cage position but ideally both but makes full use of the remaining space.

So who to go to? I have the option (I guess) of using the three threaded bosses on the underside of the TT that aren’t currently being used for a hard mount?????

Failing custom recommendations for mahoosive off peg bags would be welcomed :-)

alan1977
    Free Member

Don’t Alpkit/Sonder do this? perhaps Restrap?

nedrapier

Aiguille, Alpkit, Wildcat and Restrap would all my on my list.

Don’t know if Wildcat are still doing custom, though.

mashr
    tuboflard

I went with Restrap for mine, the process was really straightforward in drawing up the template and marking up where strap, inner divider etc went. They have a YouTube video on it too.

The only thing I probably should have done is maybe add a few mm on around the edge as it’s fine when not completely full but can be a bit stretched when completely stuffed.
    Here it is on the Calder Divide last year.IMG_3134

big_scot_nanny

I know there are other, smaller, makers who will craft one, but I got a an Alpkit one a few years ago. Did the template thing (measure tw… thrice! before sending off) and I’m very happy with it. Fits my long frame well, not sure about my colour choices though!

(will try to upload photo  but it’s telling me only full members can do so. bloody site!)

scotroutes

Following this as I want a partial frame bag for my Topstone and I was already considering Restrap.

rOcKeTdOg

Beerbabe.co.uk if you want bespoke upcycled bags, practical and feel good about yourself too

Rivett
    Free Member

Not used their custom option but Wizard Works are worth a look for good quality, London made bags.

Davesport

Straightcut Design! Their bags are top quality, both materials & workmanship. Easy ordering & custom sizing.

vmgscot

Bikepacking friend sings the praises of Camelchops here in Scotland

big_scot_nanny

Framebag - 1

Success!

ojom
    Free Member

Another vote for Straightcutdesign

stanley

I’ve had two custom framebags from Alpkit: a small one for my Tallboy and a full-sized one for my old Cotic Solaris. I got lucky with the second one as it also fits my Mason perfectly.  Very happy with them, although I’d suggest taking a few mm off the overall size (ie. trim the template down by 5mm).

FieldMarshall

Used Restrap recently for a frame bag. Very pleased with it. Great customer service too.

rOcKeTdOg
    tjagain

I’ve used these folk.  Very good and robust bag and a good price

https://www.buggybags.co.uk/pages/Bike%20Bag/Design%20Your%20Own%20Bag.htm

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Beerbabe.co.uk fan here too, Judy is awesome talented and very helpful at a price that very reasonable.

demonracer

Me and my other half both have Camel Chops bags, fancy colours (or plain), very helpful and will make things exactly as you wish.

P20

I’ve got standard restrap bags and I’m happy with them, they feel a better product than our original Alpkit bags. @ahsat has a custom frame bag from them, the process worked well.

jimmy

Straight cut here too.

Not particularly cheap but will last a lifetime.

fatmax

Ross at Straight Cut Design – lovely fella, top quality kit 👌

ElShalimo

@scotroutes – I’ve got a 7yr old large Restrap frame bag that has stood up to a fair bit of abuse. It’s frequently bulging with too much stuff but just works really well

I’d replace it immediately if I lost it

gs_triumph

Another shout for Strsight Cut.

Based in Edinburgh.  Small producer.  Top quality.

matt_outandabout

Camelchops would be on my list, as much for the ace colours as much as they seem really well made.

https://www.camelchopsgear.co.uk/

supernova

I’ve got a custom fat Alpkit frame bag for my Longitude. Just rode 2500km across Italy, the Alps and then France with it, no problems. Well made, good value. I liked that I could specify the angle of the lower zip to give a horizontal floor to the upper compartment.

IMG_6299

soundninjauk

I was tossing up between Restrap and Straight Cut Design here, and went with Restrap just because the other bags I have are Restrap and I like things to be matchy matchy. Dead straightforward as others have said.

SugfOLRwo3bPsQc6Wwez1LbMZCSwLs0EXMmkj7_1i3E-2048x1536

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Another for Camelchops here. Good communication and very well made bags.

bigyan
    Free Member

Ross at Straight Cut Design

https://www.straightcutdesign.com/

bedmaker

I’ve had three now from Alpkit, which have all seen plenty use.  No issues to report.

With a big frame, make sure you get a zip / compartment to split it up regardless of where you get it made.   You’ll end up with a giant bulging mess otherwise.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.