Home Forums Chat Forum Whinlatter trail building volunteers needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whinlatter trail building volunteers needed
  • biglee1

Whinlatter mtb trails are doing monthly trail maintenance sessions and are in need of some more volunteers. We’ve built a new berm last week on one of the badly eroded parts of the North Red route and a few more are planned.
    If you fancy doing some improvements to the trails instead of being somebody who says somebody should do something about this! The next session is on sat 22nd of June, contact paul.brown@forestryengland.uk for more details and dates
    If you do 3 days per year you get free parking at whinlatter so you don’t have to park past the double yellows 😉
    Have a look on whinlatter page of Facebook to see the fresh new pitched rock berm 😁👌

hodgynd
    Free Member

Good luck with this ..as part of Kielder Trail Reavers for a good few years in the early days of its existence I know just how hard it is to attract volunteers ..yet if only a fraction of riders who ride these trails did just one build a year ..what a difference that would make ..
    I can’t anymore (volunteer) ..as I work most weekends ..but many thanks for the work you guys put in ..always an enjoyable day out whenever we visit ..

senorj

I’m at home the week before or I would have offered to have a go.
    Fair play to you all , the maintenance that has been done in the past 18 months has been really well thought out & executed. Cheers.

biglee1

Thanks, it’s always good to get recognition from riders who appreciate the work. You’re right tho, if a small fraction could help out for 1 day a month so much would get built in a year and make it fantastic riding 😁 if you can’t make 22nd June get in touch with Paul for more dates throughout the year, you might be able to do some 👍

smogmonster

I can’t do the June date but I’d be keen to help out later in the year. Do you get free parking for the day you’re helping? I’d kill two birds etc and take the bike across with me to squeeze a ride in afterwards.

biglee1

Yep, free parking for the day. Tbh it would be bad if you were actually having to pay good money to graft 😁😂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter trail building volunteers needed’ is closed to new replies.