Home Forums Chat Forum Which magnifying glass?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which magnifying glass?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Started playing around with Arduino board again.

My close up vision is rubbish, proper middle aged stuff. I cannot read the markings on resistors etc.

I need a magnifying glass or one of those illuminated headset things.

A quick google shows everyting from a couple of quid to £2.5k for a Zeiss headset.

What I’m looking for, is the Shimano 105 of magnifying glass, good quality and functionality, without being eye watering expensive.

Any recommendations?

stumpy01

I had this issue with airfix model making & other close-up stuff.

I looked at magnifiers & those funny magnifying goggles/glasses.

Then I realised I should just get an eye test & get some glasses, which solved the problem although I was convinced that I didn’t need them at the time 🙂
    Maybe it’s time to bite the bullet & get some glasses?

Sorry – not really answering the question.

StirlingCrispin

Cheap reading glasses will probably be good enough.  They tend to have magnification too. £3 from a local pharmacy.

I also have one of these for model making.

ANDSTON Head Mount Magnifying Glass with 2 Led Professional Jewelers Loupe Light

https://amzn.eu/d/cXH7Wkx

blokeuptheroad

Top tip with cheap reading glasses.  When you are doing close up work, wear two pairs, one over the other. It sounds daft and you will look a right nugget, but it works really well. That fella on the Repair Shop on the telly does it. Trust me!

CountZero

Top tip with cheap reading glasses.  When you are doing close up work, wear two pairs, one over the other. It sounds daft and you will look a right nugget, but it works really well. That fella on the Repair Shop on the telly does it. Trust me!

Steve, the watchmaker. I tried it once, and couldn’t make it work, but I’ve had my eyes done for cataracts, so I only need reading glasses now, and I’ve found it works really well. I wear rimless ones with flex titanium arms, so they’re very light, and quite thin, so they stay in place very well.
    Mine are either x2.5 or x3.0 about £7/8 off eBay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.