Home Forums Bike Forum Where to go riding in 2022

• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by rob13.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to go riding in 2022
  • colinrobinson215
    Free Member

Building a list for next year of places to go with the bike.

What’s everyone’s recommendations?

weeksy

Morzine

dc1988

Where have you been already? I definitely want to get back to the Tweed Valley and perhaps Torridon

colinrobinson215
    Free Member

I’ve tended just to go lakes all year since it’s possible to do in a day trip. Hoping to travel a bit further and some nights away. Any recommendations for Scotland / Wales / Alps

sharkattack

Dreamland- Whistler
    Possibly- Morzine
    Probably- Wales or some shit

jimmy748

What sort of riding are you looking for. Steep and techy winch and plummet, big mountain loops, woodland xc, jumps?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Southern ‘gorms

Bit of Dunkeld
    Over to Braemar, up Beinn a Bhuird ( and perhaps Avon)
    Rest day on Mastermind, ET and that excellent rocky ridge whose name escapes me for some reason
    Lochnagar and descend via Loch Callater.
    Then Beinn Macdui.

Assuming I can lose this Covid….

wheelsonfire1

I’ve often ridden from my door over the big’ill into the Peak District. Since this pandemic mallarkey I’ve been studying maps and riding East. There are some lovely trails and bridleways around in North East Derbyshire and North Nottinghamshire that can be linked together, junction 29 on the M1 has underpasses and you can follow the ancient road East. Some even have cheeky little singleletrack blue trails, built by the Derbyshire County Council. Not hugely technical or testing but fantastic views, history and countryside with very few people around.
    I guess what I’m saying is look around your local area and you may be surprised, save fuel, time and help the planet, less stress from busy roads too?
    This is intended in a positive way!

jimmy748

Wharncliffe/Grenoside
    Cwmcarn/Risca
    Dyfi/Coed Y Brenin
    Innerleithen/Golfie
    Quantocks/Triscombe
    Purbecks
    Forest of Dean.

halifaxpete

Tweed Valley
    Lakes
    South Wales/BPW

colournoise

North Lakes
    Dark Peak
    Elan Valley
    Aonach Mor
    Swindon

matt_outandabout

I’d like to do some local in the Ochils.

I want to go back to some more traditional / classic Scottish routes.

We’re taking the Ferry (I hope) to northern Spain, so a week in the Basque region and a week in the Picos

ocrider

Vallnord, Louron valley, St Lary. I’m slowly working my way westward across the Pyrenees.
    Wouldn’t mind an autumn trip to Ainsa, but that’ll probably get vetoed.

tjagain

I intend to find the most entertaining route around the UK and Ireland,  I have pals to visit in highlands, Cumbria,  yorkshire, wales, east anglia, london and county kerry.  I shall try to find as many STWers as possible.  I will then head to the netherlands to visit family and then head south.  folk to visit in Bilbao, Nice, black forest

Tying all that together into an interesting offroad route should be fun.  4 months minimum

militantmandy
    Free Member

I live in Tweed Valley, so I’m a bit biased. Other great Scottish areas:

Aboyne / Ballater
    Aviemore
    Torridon

As a non-UK destination, can also highly, highly recommend Finale Ligure.

v7fmp

If we cant leave the UK next year, then i hope to return to scotland. Inner/golfie was superb this year.

If we can leave the country, then i believe we are doing the Megavalanche. But i much rather return to Finale Ligure again.

Plenty of great suggestions above!

bearGrease

Home

singlespeedstu

Mainly plan on sticking to the local trails* until things settle down again.
    Do however have flights booked to Southern Spain for a holiday that’s been postponed for the last two years. Still not sure if that’ll go ahead or not.
    Also got a booking at Bike Village that’s on hold again.
    Probably head further north for a few weeks instead of the France/Spain thing.

*Tweed Valley so not that bad to live with.

ta11pau1

I’ll have 30.5 days holiday to take next year so hoping to get away quite a few times (really can’t roll any over as I have another 5 days banked that have to be used by the end of 2023, and I’ll be on 29 days std holiday then so I’ll have 34 days to take in 2023!)

Shropshire hills (Minton Batch)
    Wales (Brecon, Snowdonia)
    Peak district (regular fav as it’s only 4hrs from Kent)

Longer trips oop north:
    Scotland (back to Arran? Maybe next year), Highlands, west coast, Skye
    Lake District
    Yorkshire Dales

Honestly there’s sooo many riding spots in the UK especially when you get north of Leeds.

Even with a 5 day guided trip with accommodation factored in, I’m still looking at the best part of £3k for accommodation costs, a Van starts to make financial sense looking at the cost/residual value/cost savings…

northernmatt

Anywhere would do for me right now. I need to rediscover everywhere local all over again after a year of basically being sedentary and turning into an amorphous blob.

Long term intention is to potentially get to Chatel sometime in summer but it’ll probably end up being Wales (Revs, Snowdon etc).

rob13
    Free Member

Explore more local stuff in the NYM and Dales. Get over to the lakes for some big days out. Might even sample France if things go to plan..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to go riding in 2022’ is closed to new replies.