Home Forums Bike Forum Where to get Fox nitrogen / ifp rubber pellet seal?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Where to get Fox nitrogen / ifp rubber pellet seal?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

Anyone know a UK source for the rubber (nitrile) puck /pellet that seals the nitrogen chamber (basically the bit the nitrogen needle goes through) on a fox shock?

TIA

nemesis
    Free Member

Bump… Anyone?

pigyn
    Free Member

If you are going to strip it down and rebuild it then just change the seals, and the puck comes in the seal kits.

twowheels
    Free Member

7mm nitrile o-ring cord. I bought a meter and used a few mm for a puck! Reckon I’ve still got the rest at my parents but can’t check till next weekend. If it’s there and you can wait I’ll post you a couple of cm :)

Otherwise yeah aftermarket rebuild kits include it.

twowheels
    Free Member

The more difficult question is whether you go for fresh air (~80% nitro after all) with a shock pump or find a friendly suspension (or maybe aircon) place to give you a charge.

glenh
    Free Member

If you have space in your frame, you can replace the needle valve with one of these and use a shock pump (I’ve done this on 3 fox shocks):

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-CM3461-Auxiliary-Air-Valve/dp/B000C5BJFS

glenh
    Free Member

p.s that’s for inline shocks, not sure if it will work on those with piggyback reservoirs (might do I suppose, but I don’t know if they use the same valve/port for IFP charge).

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks both. I’m in no massive rush and I have the needle so two wheels, if you wouldn’t mind sending me a bit of o ring that would be great – happy to pay of course – pm me 😀

bigyan
    Free Member

£1.20 from Silverfish

https://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/01000011A_Fox-Air-Valve-Pellet

Or anybody that services Fox Shocks will have some
    010-00-011-A
    0.275″x0.125″
    If you want to cut one

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks bigyan – couldn’t find that on Google! Will get them there. Thanks again all

bigyan
    Free Member

They do the delrin balls as well if you want one;

https://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/kw/nitrogen/SPARES/Shocks/01001003A_Fox-Nitrogen-Fill-delrin-Ball-0-1875-quot

What needle are you using? If you are using the Fox one did you get the retainer tool to go on the end? If a normal needle have you drilled or slotted a 5/32 hex key?

twowheels
    Free Member

Good find bigyan! I had assumed official parts like that were only available to the approved service centres so had never looked properly. I used the kit from Abagrizzli a while back.

bigginge

I’d be interested in knowing about where you got the needle/tools from as I’ve got an old DHX 5.0 that needs a service. If you could share it would be much appreciated.

nemesis
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

Oh, just remembered – it plugs the nitrogen cap. Wasn’t planning to fit one.

nemesis
    Free Member

And planning to see how it goes with the slotted Allen key – will bodge something as necessary.

twowheels
    Free Member

@bigginge- the cheapskate needle option is syringe needle epoxy’d inside an old football inflation needle … but wear glasses just in case :D

bikecurious
    Free Member

Does anyone have any real world experience of just using Air in the nitrogen chamber?

I was all ready to send the damper off for a service when it came time. I mentioned this to a friend who’s very hands on with this sort of thing who basically went ‘nah mate it’s Bollocks we’ll do it in my shed’ and now I’m curious.

nemesis
    Free Member

RS are perfectly happy with plain air. Unless fox shocks are much more prone to corrosion I can’t see it being an issue.

bigginge

I know for the DHX that I’ve got to work in the standard version came with a valve on it so that the user could set the chamber pressure to their liking. The only reason the one I have is different is that the valve and dirt cal don’t fit when the shock is mounted on the specialized frame it cane with.

I’d be surprised if they had changed the materials on the newer socks to something that would be damaged by some air (as long as it’s not too moist).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Where to get Fox nitrogen / ifp rubber pellet seal?’ is closed to new replies.