Home Forums Bike Forum Where to find Narrow 700c rims

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to find Narrow 700c rims
  • doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I broke a spoke today on my ancient s-works allez winter bike. The carbon fork is really narrow, I’m running 23mm tyres for the clearance and need a narrow rim profile. I’m loathe to retire it but finding some new wheels is proving a bit difficult.

Any suggestions?

I think I’ve got some old shimano 500s I might have to service and get running again. but they are at the back of the garage for a reason. don’t think they’ve got a great deal of life left.

tthew

St John Street cycles or Spa should have something to suit.

Edit – here you go, 15mm. https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/rims-tape/32-mavic-open-elite-700c-622-rim-black/

paule
    Free Member

Have a trawl of eBay – I picked up a pair of  rims from there pretty cheaply, and there seems to be plenty of nos ones for sale

These ones on superstar are crazy cheap if you need 20 or 24 hole and order 2 rims

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/pave-ultra-rims.htm

jkomo

I have some FFWD carbon tub wheel set, 50mm deep and very light. I was going to stick on here for £300. They are narrow, but only take 10spd unless you are handy with a dremel. I got them off a friend who hardly used them and then my rim brake bike frame broke so I didn’t either. They were £1100 I think.

dc2.0

Anywhere near the midlands? I have a pair of nice alloy wheels you can have for £25. Sat on the shelf for the last 10 years. Planet X model b

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the responses. So not quite a desperately poor situation as I thought.

I’m in Sheffield so depending which bit of the Midlands not far at all. Could well be interested in those.

stumpy01

If you’ve just broken a spoke, can you not just get a shop to stick a new spoke in for you?
    I suppose depending on how much use they’ve had you might find that when one starts to go, they all start going. But, I’d go down that route first before replacing the entire wheelset because of one broken spoke.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Sure.
    The wheels are probably end of life, I can fit another spoke myself but they are a lightweight cheap cero wheel that I’ve had since 2016, not really suited to winter but I used them as a stop gap.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.