Home Forums Bike Forum When in Taipei…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • When in Taipei…
  • johnny

… are there any significant savings to be had on buying bike stuff? My wife will be there in December for work and she’s offering to bring things back for me, as long as I get them sent to her hotel.

Has anyone done this, and if so, what kind of bike related things might be cheaper? I’m aware the occasional frame gets made in those parts, but anything else? Groupsets? Bike clothes? Thanks for any tips!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I used to live in Taiwan and yes everything bike related is much cheaper than in Europe. When I was there ( end of the nineties) a complete bike Wasa about a third of the price of the UK. Only problem being getting a size large meant some serious Guangxi from the boss of my LBS. And only Giant, Wheeler and Merida bikes. Only problem would be getting stung by customs on your wife’s return flight.

supernova

I’m in Taipei next week – where are the best bike shops?

johnny

Thought I’d revive this- Ideally i’d be buying a whole bike, but realistically I’m more looking at a groupset or individual components. Does anyone know if any of these are made in taipei, and can be bought locally?

This is full of pretty pics, of shiny parts…

dhrider
    Free Member

Home of the bike industry is in Taichung, 2hrs south of Taipei.

No idea if bike stuff is cheaper to buy there but go see the 101, take a walk down snake street (it’s a street with snake restaurants and turtle which I don’t agree with but was interesting to see) and go see the memorial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘When in Taipei…’ is closed to new replies.