Home Forums Chat Forum When brands become unwearable

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • When brands become unwearable
  • Houns

Sat in a pub, wearing some of the brands I’m going to refer to…

A bunch of fat bald headed lager drinking banter football supporting ***** lads just come in, a good percentage of them wearing Arcteryx and Fjällraven. Do I need to burn my wardrobe??

airvent
    Free Member

Yeah Arcteryx seems to be the next Canada Goose now in terms of the wearers of said garments.

wheelsonfire1

I’ve never heard of those brands!

v7fmp

It’s an interesting thought process. Some brands are worn by people you may or may not identify with.

mckenzie, tap out, stone island, etc can all conjure a certain stereo type in my head.

something I don’t want to be associated with. But ultimately, is it your fear of what others might think of you that controls your buying habits?

many moons ago I saw a tshirt in top man that I liked (was only in there due to my other half at the time) and didn’t buy it as topman wasn’t my ‘style or lifestyle’ choice.

bit odd really, as it was just a grey tshirt with some outlines of tanks on it 🤷‍♂️

somafunk

Seeing as I permanently live in Aldi jogging bottoms and 15yr old karrimor long sleeve shirts I figure I’m not qualified to pass judgment, have folk moved on from the North face puffa jackets then?

Houns

Luckily I’m wearing one of those brands jumpers, but it’s a woman’s one, they’d never wear it

tomhoward

@v7fmp if you wanna wear a tank top, you wear a tank top! 😉

Houns

North face is for the “roadmen”

Arcteryx and fjallraven seems to be about the boasting rights amongst the football hooligans (going from conversation I can currently hear)

somafunk

What’s a roadmen?, obviously not a reference to council workers in hiviz jackets. 

Shame bout fjallraven, I had a few items of theirs I bought from a shop in aviemore bout 10 years ago (bike trousers/shorts & L-S T-shirt , nice kit but horrendously expensive when not in sale. 

Houns

Roadmen = Chavs/Neds

fasthaggis

Trend/fashions are a funny old thang once a tribe gets hooked.
    Every other (overseas) student in St Andrews wears Fjallraven,can’t move for wee foxey fekers.
    None of them looked like they ran with the casuals,or a young team. 😆

susepic

Roadmen = Chavs/Neds…

… Wearing black trackies and black north face hoodie, the foot soldiers doing county lines deliveries

oldfart

We live next door to Millfield one of the country’s top private schools and most of the pupils civvies are from North Face 🤔

Kramer
    Free Member

Wearing a logo’d brand of any sort is very non-u.

winston
    Free Member

yep, as Viz top tips would have said, simply avoid the problem by not buying any branded kit!

Looks at self in mirror – It will be a while before Alpkit, Craghoppers and Clarks get trendy based on what i’m looking at!

ratherbeintobago

Fred Perry had this worse and dealt with it well – black and yellow polo adopted by American fascists, they pulled the design from the range and made it clear this was completely against Fred Perry himself’s values, never mind the brand’s.

toby1

I thought this was about Howies when they had necks so wide and arms so long I resolved to stop shopping with them.

As for other people in your brands, just don’t be one of those guys!

jam-bo

Just a difficult phase, I mean Hugo Boss got through theirs..

Houns

Heh @ jambo

Howies? I won’t buy anything of theirs any more as the quality went crap about 6 years ago 

ratherbeintobago

Howies? I won’t buy anything of theirs any more as the quality went crap about 6 years ago

Printed T-shirts used to be great, now that aren’t. Haven’t bought from them for ages.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Do I need to burn my wardrobe??

I’d hold out; if they see you in the same gear, they may burn theirs first 😉.

tpbiker
    Free Member

My mate from the cycling club rocked up to the pub with a black and yellow Fred Perry polo. Oh how we laughed..

He was completely oblivious to the proud boys connection..

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yes, you need to move on from Arcteryx to Veilance, 👍

somafunk

… Wearing black trackies and black north face hoodie, the foot soldiers doing county lines deliveries

Ahh, Ive learned a new descriptive word on stw

ThePinkster

I guess I’d better bin all my Doc Martens in that case, including the pair I bought this afternoon, due to their former association with short haired gentlemen of a certain political persuasion.

The problem is that they’re just too comfortable.

crazy-legs

Yes, you need to move on from Arcteryx to Veilance,

And when you’ve stopped poncing around with the pauper brands you can move onto ThruDark.

ton

i am so glad i have now reached my moleskin/cord/flannel/wool time of life. bought for comfort rather than a impressive fashion statement.

Houns

I’ve plenty of those Ton 

rOcKeTdOg

Didn’t Fjällraven just have a Collab with Specialized? I think that tells you everything you need to know

Kramer
    Free Member

Just a difficult phase, I mean Hugo Boss got through theirs..

Yes but zere uniforms vere ze best. Very slimming.

theotherjonv

Fred Perry had this worse and dealt with it well – black and yellow polo adopted by American fascists, they pulled the design from the range and made it clear this was completely against Fred Perry himself’s values, never mind the brand’s.

I had a much worn and much loved one, had been at various Specials and ska gigs over the years, only for it to become polo non grata. I kept it for a while wondering if the heat would go off, but no. In the end I sent for fabric recycling, even though I could have ebayed for decent money.

I guess I’d better bin all my Doc Martens in that case, including the pair I bought this afternoon, due to their former association with short haired gentlemen of a certain political persuasion.

This items of culture is a bit weird – plenty more wear / wore DM’s besides far right skinheads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead

@Houns I’ll chuck you some of my surplus Arc’teryx LEAF stuff, then you’ll stand out from the grubby consumer types with something a little more exclusive. 😉😂

Or as someone suggested get some thru-dark.

Then you can be judged by the military crowd in the same way. 😂

Houns

If it’s multicam free then I’ll take you up on offer 😜

fossy

Regatta and F&F jeans will do me.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

And when you’ve stopped poncing around with the pauper brands you can move onto ThruDark

or move on to Acronym, you won’t see any footy hooligans in that stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I like certain brands. They fit me well , they are good quality.

I won’t buy anything from said brands that shouts the brand.

Cahartt are particularly bad for this at times with big logos.

Selected homme – I’d challenge you to tell me which of my clothes are theirs but yet they have been great fit long lasting and don’t fade.

Columbia – another they have a range with tiny logos or prints that don’t feature their logo – and they have a shouty shouty range.

Montane are a brand I liked because their logos would fall off after 2-3 washes :)

Fatface are a brand that’s become unwearable. Their clothes just don’t last like they used to. Fade /shrink/thin materials. Used to be half decent lasting.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Millfield, Clarks – what is this,  getting Street wise?

I have a Rohan habit, but today I was mostly wearing Helly Hansen, North Face,  Berghaus, Decathlon running bottoms, Marks and Spencer shreddies and sat in Alpacka.

sc-xc

Fat ✔️

Bald headed ✔️

Lager drinking ✔️

Football fan ✔️

Wearing Arc’Teryx ✔️

😂

come on you Baggies 🔵⚪

PXL_20231125_183509345

theotherjonv

do you have to pay extra for a seat facing away from the pitch ;-) 

Houns

*sneers @sc-xc

nasty cold sore there 😋

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.