Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What's the best full suss frame that takes a 120mm fork?
  • slowboydickie

I was thinking Tomac Supermatic 120 but what else is light, climbs well and descends like a right little belter?

Thought about fuel ex but the 9.9 frame is £3250!!??!

hambl90
    Free Member

Santa cruz blur , got a 120mm fork on mine

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeti asr 5 in ally it carbon flavour. Do I mean asr? Anyway, the one that’s good for 120 or 140 and has been on long term test. Look on the right of homepage.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC, loving mine in current form with 120mm reba maxle

moonboy
    Free Member

Duno if its best but I love my Ghost Amr…

Janesy
    Free Member

Epic Evo?

DickBarton

Surely it isn’t just the frame that will determine how well it climbs and descends…you might have an amazingly controlled rear-end but if the front can’t be controlled it will affect the ride as well.

So what forks you going for? Is there a bike that is ‘matched’ to them?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Cube Sting HPC.

It’s the best 120mm lightweight (25.4lb build) FS I’ve ridden, you can get the frame only but I don’t know it’s weight

spacemonkey

Always gonna be a subjective one this, but I’ll go for an Enduro or Stumpy. Owned variants of both (S-Works and Carbon) for a while and they’re far more competent that I am.

dickie
    Free Member

Turner DW Flux – 120mm on mine & its lovely.

Yeti ASR5 alloy or carbon, Santa Cruz Superlight, Santa Cruz Blur XC.

stanley

Another vote for the Flux here 🙂

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

mk1 Giant Trance, rocks with 120mm, got my frame for 190 on flea bay!

sam_underhill

Another DW flux vote here. 120mm sids on mine, but seen revelations on a friend’s heavier build.

JohnnyPanic

Wot, no Anthem?

slowboydickie

I love this forum, 14 posts with 14 suggestions. The fork is a 2012 Fox 150FIT RLC shortened to 120. I was thinking about the flux but in the back of my mind I am keen to try carbon and hoped to pick up a sale season bargain.

MSP

Litevile 301.

and if you want to its strong enough to have the fork extended out to 150 for an alpine trip.

dickie
    Free Member

Alter the fork to 130mm & get a Yeti ASR-5 Carbon although it works with 120mm too, but I’ve read somewhere 130mm is the sweat spot.
    Read the reviews.

slowboydickie

Damn it should have kept my 2004 Marin attack trail with 130 up front.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Flux for the win…

stumpy01

That liteville looks lovely….

sefton
    Free Member

anyone gone from 100 – 120mm on a flux?

hows it affect things?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Another vote for the flux. Got pikes on my 4 bar version, run them at 130mm. A riot of a bike.

sefton
    Free Member

might get some 120’s

neninja
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC seconded – loving mine. Not as light as the Anthem it replaced but a lot more fun and versatile. The only downside is I tend to be travelling much faster downhill when I crash now so it hurts more.

or the Yeti ASR5

bennyboy1
    Free Member

SC Blur xc Carbon – rapid, rapid bike and suprisingly capable downhill, not xc twitchy in the slightest, completely confidence inspiring, a complete hoot!

shredder
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC thirded great at 120 or drop the travel at the rear to take the sting out and it takes on a hardtail feel. Or get some longer travel adjustable forks and go up to 140 front. As said very versatile love mine.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What's the best full suss frame that takes a 120mm fork?’ is closed to new replies.