Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What’s my poo?
  • Cougar

I’ve just been out in the yard and it seems we’ve had a visitor.

There’s little Walnut Whips all over the place, maybe the size of a 20p coin and a fairly toxic-looking green colour. Any ideas? I’m hoping for “hedgehog” rather than “rat” but I’ve no idea.

Cheers.

Klunk
    Free Member

hedgehog that’s been fed bread and milk ?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve just been out in the yard

Dirty boy

IHN

TTIUWP

verses

Sounds hedgehoggy to me

#IANCP

(…. Chris Packham)

z1ppy

Cougar

TTIUWP

It crossed my mind, but you lot are more likely to critique the pointing than tell me anything useful. 😁

dissonance

Sounds ill whatever it is.
    Rats have pellets about 1cm long.
    Hedgehogs have huge ones considering their size of up to 5cm.

ads678

Sounds like the Hedgehog poo we had in the garden, rat poo I’ve seen (again in our garden) doesn’t look like that.

Harry_the_Spider

Have you done a taste test?

Cougar

It’s not a pellet, it’s more like a miniature Mr Whippy. Girth is, I don’t know, 3mm-4mm maybe?

Cougar
    z1ppy

IHNFull Member
    TTIUWP

+1, but yes grass (& lack of) and pointing will be marked, it’s traditional

Cougar

I wouldn’t have anything to compare it with, other than my own.

Actually, there’s the grandchild I suppose. His emissions aren’t a dissimilar colour on occasion.

z1ppy

Zippy’s link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1906051127

Purchased for my brothers coffee table reading (he does have a small wood/copse), as I thought Soviet bus stops Vol2  might be labouring the point

nixie

You need this;

nickc

Goose?

Canada geese do a poo that’s very similar to your description.

matt_outandabout

Reminds me of a friend who used to use crumbled black pudding, deftly dropped on the beach, to ‘taste’ if it was a male or female otter to the school groups at his outdoor centre….

MoreCashThanDash

Reminds me of a friend who used to use crumbled black pudding, deftly dropped on the beach, to ‘taste’ if it was a male or female otter to the school groups at his outdoor centre….

I’m not sure if that’s genius or gross!

martinhutch

verses

Actually, there’s the grandchild I suppose. His emissions aren’t a dissimilar colour on occasion.

Ideal gift for grandchild

dissonance

Canada geese do a poo that’s very similar to your description.

Way larger by default and also normally pellety.
    Question is what colour are they now. Deer for example start green but then darken over time.

funkmasterp

Baby Robin

alric
    Free Member

not hedgehog.

pigeon id guess

slowol
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

Drunk gnomes?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’m struggling to think of anything that decorates the top of it’s poo with a little walnut 🤔

Squirrel?

beagle
    Free Member

Wood pigeon. Is my guess. Defo sound like ours in the garden.  Any perch/branches directly above?

moimoifan
    Free Member

Vengeful STW forum member with a colander and too much time on their hands?

reeksy

Thawed frozen sausage?

… by the way your hedge needs a trim and the weeds are getting a bit out of hand.

reeksy

I’m struggling to think of anything that decorates the top of it’s poo with a little walnut 🤔

sounds more like bait set by a cat to catch a squirrel.

Drac

<p>Polecats </p>

Cougar

Wood pigeon. Is my guess. Defo sound like ours in the garden. Any perch/branches directly above?

This is plausible. We have fat bastard pigeons hoovering up spilt birdseed. I just thought that they shat guano rather than worm casts.

CountZero

I get hedgehogs in the garden every evening, and they do leave rather wet, green poop around from time to time. No idea why, they get fed exactly the same every day, so it’s possible it might just be something else they’ve eaten. I give them chunky dog meat in gravy, creamy centred kibbles and calciworms. They’re pretty indiscriminate where they crap, too – there are three plates in the feeding station, one hadn’t been touched and there was a poo right in the middle, and not the first time they’ve done that! 🙄

Bunnyhop

ossify

We need timelines here… nothing yesterday and 100 poos today, like you got invaded by a horde of nuclear hedgehogs or something?

Or these have been using your garden/toilet for some time without you noticing?

Either way, I second TTIUWP! Crop it to poo size (with something to scale, maybe a walnut) if you’re scared of pointing criticism 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why havent we got a pic of the poo, would make it easier to identify

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.