Home Forums Chat Forum What waterproof gloves for dog walking ball throwing?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What waterproof gloves for dog walking ball throwing?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

To wear through the winter. Need to be warm, waterproof and grippy.

benp1

Normal gloves and a plastic ball launcher thing

The slobberyness of the ball gets grim quite quickly… the ball launcher is perfect for dealing with that!

FYI, a tennis ball (and therefore the ball end of the tennis ball launcher) fits brilliant in a bottle cage!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i got a 80p ball lobber from B&M thought it was decent till i saw a guy on the park with one that fired his ball into orbit!! what the hell that thing was!? was like Rookie of the Year!

kilo
    Mister-P
    Free Member

Normal gloves with disposable latex gloves over the top? Something biodegradable like this? Could double up as emergency poo bags too.

https://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/biodegradable-powder-free-latex-gloves-pack-of-100-large

TheBrick
    Free Member

Screwfix take a look

allfankledup

I carry two tennis balls. One gets thrown each time via a ball launcher – the other remains dry, in my hand, and is used as bait to induce the wee dug to drop her slobber coated ball somewhere near my feet. Slobber covered ball then launched off in a random direction. No special gloves required

loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t use a ball thrower as I can’t use tennis balls as he chews through them in 30 seconds and the throwers don’t fit the solid rubber balls that I have to use.

allfankledup

ah – we use posh tennis balls – – they seem to last longer than the cheapo ones… still from sports direct mind you, just 85p each…the posh ones seem to be more resilientto chomping

benp1

Yeah, cheap ones are brittle, good ones are supple

I’m sure you can get more durable balls and a ball launcher, sure I’ve seen them before

3 tennis balls from the £1 shop last a few minutes. Good ones last ages

allfankledup

I’d really like a decent launcher – the dog likes a run… any recommendations ?

bodgy
    Free Member

Kong squeeky dog tennis balls last longer than actual tennis balls – unless the stupid terrier gets hold of it.

This gets good reviews.

But you can’t beat a standard ball flinger for utility. Th Kong stuff is all pretty robust.

loddrik
    Free Member

Anything less than a solid rubber ball will not last more than a minute with mine. Trust me I’ve tried allsorts, including proper tennis balls. Plus the good thing about the solid rubber ones is they go really far when thrown by hand.

Drac

ah – we use posh tennis balls – – they seem to last longer than the cheapo ones…

You don’t own a Border Terrier.

Aldi ski gloves OP.

manton69
    Free Member

Arco do some of these :

Waterproof handling gloves.

I have used them and they are not massively warm, but definitely waterproof. At £4 they may be worth a punt.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Ball thrower + heat gun = possible re-sized for different balls?

grim168
    Free Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chuckit-Ultra-Grip-Launcher-Medium/dp/B000MW7EUU/ref=pd_bxgy_199_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0S0AGAJJSBTZNHDBPA80

Probably one of these. The proper balls are expensive but worth it to tire out an energetic dog. We use proper tennis balls from sports direct also. (They fit the above)

bodgy
    Free Member

+ 1 Drac. My flinging the ball game basically involves keeping it away from Hooch, my border x JR, so that the big dopey black dog can get some exercise.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I use cutis club most of the year but cutis pro when it gets nippy

Hard wearing, easy to clean and leave your fingers free

whiterabbit84
    Free Member

Balls – ‘chuckit’ ones are excellent and last ages. If you use tennis balls grit and dirt will collect in the fibres and create a sandpaper effect on teeth = expensive vet / dental bills.

Launcher – cheap one from generic cheap store – the chuckit balls are the same size as tennis balls.

Gloves – ‘Sealskinz all seasons glove’ these have lasted me years of dog saliva / cold weather abuse and are still waterproof

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof gloves for dog walking ball throwing?’ is closed to new replies.