Home Forums Chat Forum What was that Mesh system on Amazon?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What was that Mesh system on Amazon?
  • sc-xc

Apologies, I saw a thread a month or so ago that recommended a cheap mesh system on Amazon – someone linked it then several people concurred it was a good buy.

(I did try searching, but got the normal four year old threads)

Cheers…

mrmoofo
    Free Member

TP Link Deco?

sc-xc

Cheers…there’s this one at nearly half price

It’s just to get better coverage in my study – router and current extenders are the other side of the hall so I guess I don’t need anything too fancy.

sc-xc

Jesus…there’s a

– TP-Link Deco S7 AC1900 at £79.98

– TP-Link Deco S4 AC1200 at £94.98

– TP-Link Deco E4 AC1200 at £84.99

I presume the S7 is the best one?

bails

I’ve got a Tenda MW3, I think based on recommendations from here. Had it for years now and can’t fault it, could that be it?

nuke

^^^I think Bails has it in that it was the Tenda MW3 that was recommended….I read the thread and have been indecisive between the MW3 (been out of stock for a while but did come back in stock last week) & MW6 (which was circa £80 on Amazon but is over a ton at the moment)

gecko76

Had a Tenda MW5 for two years and it’s been great until the last couple of weeks when my work PC has lost connection on a few occasions. Need to figure out why, but plugging in an ethernet cable has worked when it hasn’t immediately reconnected. Phones have kept their connection fine.

dooosuk
    Free Member

CeX had a load of tendas. I bought one (MW6) from there after the last thread and it’s been great so far.

Flaperon

Mercusys on Amazon is TP-Link in all but name. Works fine for me in a house that struggled with WiFi in the past and cheap enough for the Wifi6 version.

Also usefully confirmed that the crap Wi-Fi and random dropouts I’ve been experiencing are solely due to the pair of Google WiFi pucks that it’s replaced.

petrieboy

I had the Tenda MW something or other – three of them have great coverage all over the house.
    UNTILL a neighbour setup a network on the same channel (probably also a Tenda) Which knobbled the speed. There’s no way to change channel like you can on any halfway decent router. So – they’re bugger all use of you have neighbors

sc-xc

Cheers all, I am an end terrace so have neighbours…although I think she’s about a million years old.

Not sure I understand the numbers, but the MW6 looks good, as does the 1900 to link one.

Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Make sure they can handle your connection speeds ie not all mesh systems can do high mbps

burko73

I’ve got a tends mw6 mesh. It’s good but the app needs a bit of work. Our ring system seems to often lock onto the node furthest away with the weaker signal. If only you could lock fixed items to fixed nodes it would be great. Otherwise pretty reliable and trouble free.

mrmoofo
    Free Member

The Deco app wasn’t the best – but it was upgraded a few months ago , which means not only can you lock a device onto a certain node , but you can force / prioritise the others.  I have some Sonos speakers in the kitchen that seem to want to be serviced by the Deco in the attic.

As mentioned above – you cannot manually change channels

Running dual band can confuse them

steamtb

TP link Deco M5 here and they have been faultless for a good few years; garden, extension and wherever we need it. Both me and my wife mainly work from home and we are always on video calls at the same time with zero connection issues. :)

nbt

MW3 is fine for most people. If you have fast intenet (over 100mb) then you need an MW6 base unit to take advantage of the higher speeds. though you can use the MW3 nodes once the MW6 base unit is in place.

I have a Tenda MW3 system and only use 2 out of 3 nodes in a 3 storey 4 bed house, they’re quite god that way.

I got a Mercusys for my dad – it’s not as easy to set up  / manage, and every once ina while it will randomly have a meltdown and stop working, but is fine after a reboot. It was about half the price of the Tenda setup

pocpoc
    Free Member

Deco S4 here. 3 nodes around a 4 bed semi. Coverage everywhere, easy to set up and no issues since getting it about a year ago. No problems with speed but we’re only on a ~30mbps connection to begin with.

Only slight issue is that you can group devices to a person so you can set limits on a child etc. But, it’s surprising how many devices show up as “unknown device” rather than an indentifiable name so you then have to start a process of elimination to work out what it is.

jkomo

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but is this any good:
    Deal: Tenda Nova AX1500 Whole Home Mesh Wifi 6 System, Up to 3200sq ft Coverage, Dual-Band Wi-Fi Mesh with 2 Gigabit Ports, Compatible with Alexa, Parental Control and Easy Setup(MX3)3-Pack https://amzn.eu/d/dKC3Hth
    I’m considering trying to get wifi to the garage which is 30m away, we have a shed with power half way down garden.
    A long cable would haveto go over the house as it’s a little terraced house with long garden.
    And of course the wifi gubbins is at the front wall.
    Thinking about trying that cheap smart trainer in the garage.

jkomo

Apologies, I’ve ordered a Tenda set up, sounds like it will do the job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.