Home Forums Chat Forum What steam mop?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What steam mop?
  • ratherbeintobago

Wife has decided we need one. Sounds like she wants it to do for cleaning the bathroom/shower as well as floors. Any recs?

Ta!

perchypanther
    Free Member

We have a Shark one that came bundled with our vacuum cleaner.

It’s known as the Baby Shark.

Doo-doo doo-doo doo do

andybrad

had an x9 or something.

removed the grout from the bathroom well before it went in the bin

eyestwice
    Free Member

Had an H2O mop. Removed sweet fa before it went in the bin.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Agree with the above, waste of space, and that was before I burnt myself when the head I was using parted company with the hose just about where my hand was.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Got a cheap one…ended up in the bin, was rubbish. Replaced with a Shark and is actually a decent bit of kit. Laminate floors don’t like them despite being ‘steam mop proof’. We have slightly textured tiles in the kitchen which was a big mistake as the texture of the tile collects muck so the choices are hands and knees with a stiff bristled brush or steam mop. Went for the latter and it works a treat. Have to hover over more stubborn areas to give it a few seconds for the steam to really go to work, but with a bit of patience it lifts the muck nicely.

boombang
    Free Member

Had a Shark, it lasted about 6 years before pump went.

Cleaned our kitchen floor tiles really well and was so handy for bathroom (tiled floor and walls).

batfink
    Free Member

We bought a karcher one. The unit is fine….. but they (steam things) just don’t really work that well. I hindsight, I suppose I don’t really know what I was expecting it to do – but it’s a lot of faffing for no discernible difference from using a mop (or equivalent for tiled walls)

Unless you are especially sensitive to cleaning products – I would say just crack on with some ajax and a mop/cloth.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Karcher hard floor cleaner ftw (but not for wall tiles!)

kilo

Viyella (sp?) was about sixty quid on amazon, seems to be quite good so far.

z1ppy

we’ve a steam mop and now got a floor cleaner.. neither of which actually beat a mop and bucket (I prefer flash to ajax), that I continue to use, but they keep my g/f happy, so who am I to complain.

thepurist

I prefer flash to ajax

I accidentally found that laundry liquid detergent does a great job of cleaning kitchen floor tiles. Fairy non bio FTW

Oh and we got given a vax steam thingy – it works about the same as a mop and bucket except you don’t need the bucket, but do need to plug it in and faff with the little containers that clip on to it.

136stu
    Free Member

We had a Karcher but it always saturated the floor, took ages to dry! Now have a Black and Decker, OH likes it but we only use it on floors. It has a setting for different floor types (which may just be for show).

andy4d

We got a vax one years ago thinking it would make cleaning a breeze. It doesn’t do anything special and now sits on a corner gathering dust. We have hard water and wrongly thought it would help clean the shower etc but it doesn’t. It’s ok on the kitchen floor but again no better than a mop.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think we got one free with something. Can’t use on carpets or wooden floors and wrecks the grout on tiles. PM me if you are interested and I will dig it out and post if for a nominal fee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What steam mop?’ is closed to new replies.