Home Forums Bike Forum What Hope Adaptor do I need??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Hope Adaptor do I need??
  • anniison
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me which hope adaptor I need for the following set up please??

I have Marzocchi bomber MX's with post mount, shimano slx calipers with IS mount and hope 183mm rotors.

Any ideas? Would like to get it ordered today so hopefully theres a chance I might get it by the weekend and get to play with my new forks :o)

Thank you!

coatesy
    Free Member

HBSM 20 if what you say is right, never seen SLX calipers with IS mount though.
    If it's the other way round, you'll need a J type.

Davy
    Free Member

HBIS20 will only allow you to use a 20mm bigger disc on an IS caliper and IS mount. What you need (in theory) is the HBSM20H, post-mount to IS +20, although it will require a little bit of filing to get it to fir Marzocchi mounts. (file the adaptor, not the fork).

Are you absolutely sure the brake has an IS mount, and not just an IS adaptor on a post mount caliper? AFAIK, SLX calipers are mostly post mount, with an IS adaptor where necessary. If that is the case, all you should need is mount "H", (STD post mount to post mount 183mm).

anniison
    Free Member

Ah, Im just going off what the other half told me, being a technically inept girly, so calipers may well be post mount :oops:

So are those the same type of mount (the H and J) or different?? Looks like we might already have one kicking about the garage.

Sorry to sound so blonde. Ok, I am, just want to get it right!!

coatesy
    Free Member

Ok,without the wheel fitted, will the caliper fit on the fork mount? Which direction do the bolts fit in the caliper and fork? Are either the caliper or fork mounts threaded?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Hope Adaptor do I need??’ is closed to new replies.