Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What company car next?
  • josh1982
    Free Member

Current car currently heading towards the change over limit at work.

What should I go for? I like these 2. Only thing is the Honda is 2.2 which is good apart from tax and fuel.

Other choices are Mondeo Estate, Insignia Estate, Mazda 6 Estate, Avensis Estate ( i have currently as inherited it at work)

What are your opinions?

gregsticle
    Free Member

Insignia estate is big, but looks good in my opinion. Gotta be the Mazda 6 though, really nice car!

josh1982
    Free Member

you reckon the mazda 6? people at work have got them and i never fancied them but everyone says they are a nice car.

I am liking the skoda superb though

robyzf1
    Free Member

the 22 honda engine is amazing, and not heavy on emmissions from tax (I've got an 08 Accord). Also the Honda is really well built and drives well

tazzymtb

mazdas are very good I've had 2 as company cars. the ford estate is huuge and drives as well as the bmw's and audies I've had. The fords in our company fleet are very unreliable though with lots of electrical gremlins the latest being randomly turning the engine off and loosing all power steering under breaking usually approachin roundabouts and corners that's caused some fun with the drivers, lots of random sensor issues as well so I'd advise to avoid them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lookswise, the Insignia's far nicer than it has any right to be.

New Avensis looks quite nice too IMO.

Suggsey
    Free Member

The new insignia estate has woeful all round cabin visability but drives nicely.
    The only Accord I drove was although new a bag of nails-terrible car!
    Mazda 6 MPS saloon-beautiful car to drive, I would love one but only get to drive the firms.
    Jaguar X type? Okay but some build problems and transmission slap.
    Mandeo, Passat, Skoda Octavia or Superb, Audi A4/A6-all much of a muchness.
    How about a BMW 5 series estate?

josh1982
    Free Member

5 series aint listed…………..need to be director to 5 series

the_lecht_rocks

honda for me – dealerships are simply wonderful and the gearboxes are sublime.

Suggsey
    Free Member

New Laguna?
    Subaru Lagacy-again lovely car to drive and comes in Diesel
    WQhat about a blue Motion Passat-emissions= very little tax?

tazzymtb

subaru legacy is fantastic

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The only problem with an Avensis is when you stop at the lights, people jump in the back seat and say "Town centre please" 😳

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Surely you're not considering an Avensis. Handles like a blancmange, glacial acceleration boring boring boring.

Not driven any of the others but they've got to be better than the Avensis.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I've got the New Honda CRV as a company vehicle and it has the 2.2 diesel engine and I actually got some money paid back through the green scheme in work as the emissions were so good!

I nearly got the accord estate – but wanted just a bit more space for the bikes!!

Go for the Honda!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I'd be happy with any of the above. Even the Avensis looks good. If pushed,I'd go for the Honda.

josh1982
    Free Member

I'm amazed nobody asked what the top one is

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I assumed it was a Skoda from the grill??!!

mrmo
    Free Member

i guess the superb estate is a new car, so no one has any comments. and i assume your not looking at the 3.6l 4×4?

zaskar
    Free Member

Very nice car indeed Josh1982!

timber

manager at work has an accord estate, he loves it more than the last, diesel has plenty of pull and it all feels solid to the touch

think I prefer the previous model, but that is just aesthetics and visual impression of having more usable space

tonyg2003

I'm thinking of selling my Accord estate and the new Accord isn't on my list. Although a better car (quieter, better looking), the boot is tiny. 406litres. May as well get a hatchback.

Instead I'm thinking of a Mazda 6 or a new shape V70. Anyone driven the new V70?

br
    Free Member

Its a company car – so the key issue is money

Work out the cost of each car, then factor any allowances (say if you take a cheaper car do you get some money as well).

And if there is £10 per month difference, then choose the one you really want – but if its £100 per month…

DickBarton

Mate has a Mazda 6 estate – and it is a seriously nice car…I'd be very happy with that if I owned it…

djglover
    Free Member

you…. mazda

iainc

BMW 3 Series Touring ?

not as much space as the ones you mention, but a good car (I hope 'cos that what's I picked and it's on order) 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What company car next?’ is closed to new replies.