• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What’s the max travel on the NEW Cotic Soda
  • Mistral
    Free Member

As above really. I know the Cotic website mentions forks of between 100mm and 120mm, but what’s the recommended max travel without affecting the warranty etc.

Given the geometry is the same as the Soul. Is 130mm (old soul) or 140mm (new soul) ok? It’s build pretty racy on the Cotic site, but how does it compare to other Ti frames such as the Whyte 19 Ti etc.

I know I can ask Cotic direct, but I just thought the STW collective may be interested also.

Cheers.

kelvin

120mm

cy

The new Soda's max 120mm, and running longer than that will potentially result in premature frame failure. We stopped at 120mm because with the advent of CEN testing it meant we could keep the weight of the frame down and the top tube relatively small for a nice ride, and to make a good privateer race bike as this is what a good proportion of people buying it want it for.

Warranty covers workmanship and material specifically, so if you snap the front end off running 140mm forks, it's nowt to do with us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What’s the max travel on the NEW Cotic Soda’ is closed to new replies.