Home Forums Chat Forum Wetsuits

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Wetsuits
  • stevied
    Free Member

Off on holiday in a couple of weeks and the girls want to have a go at body boarding.
    Picked them up a couple of wetsuits from Mountain warehouse for £15 each but thinking I may get one too as it’ll be me in the sea with them.
    Any tips on where to go/what to get? Thinking just a shorty would be OK..

5lab
    Free Member

is it the UK? You’ll be cold in a shorty..

jp-t853

As is so often the answer on here Decathlon wetsuits are good for occassional use but they had very limited stock the other week as my wife needed a new one.

South coast you are probably looking at 17 degrees sea temp so a shorty will be fine for an hour or two (everyone is different but that does me especially if the sun is out) We are at the top of Scotland this week so it is 12 degrees for that I use a 4/3 full wetsuit, they are £60 in Decathlon.

Decathlon shorties are nice and tight so little water movement, many cheap ones let water flow in and out too much

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks. Got one from Decathlon, £19 delivered..

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve had a cheap No Fear “shortie” from Sports Direct for years. Use it every year (apart from this one :-( ) in the sea off Suffolk and the South West and haven’t frozen to death yet.

The kids have TWF shorties they have been fine too.

dc1988

I used to have a Decathlon shorty but it wasn’t great in anything but “warm” UK conditions, got a full length Lomo one now which is much better

jp-t853

Forgot to say gloves and socks make a massive difference and they are factored in to my timings above

oldtennisshoes

bare
    feet

molgrips
    Free Member

We just did exactly this today – went to Mountain Warehouse and got kids’ ones, but nothing for me.

I however ended up at the local tri shop and my wallet is now £180 lighter.

brads
    Free Member

Lomo or DHB from wiggle.

matt_outandabout

I however ended up at the local tri shop and my wallet is now £180 lighter.

😱

jam-bo

Surfing will **** that tri suit pretty sharpish.

Spud

Tri shop? I hope it’s a surf suit and not a tri suit….

oldtennisshoes

#prayformolgrips

#shouldagoneto2barefeet

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Circle one wetsuits are good value too, I have one and a v expensive Musto and the Circle one is just as good for 1/3 the price.
    Defo get gloves and booties, Palm gloves are really good 👍

molgrips
    Free Member

Surfing will **** that tri suit pretty sharpish.

Been Googling this, seems opinion is divided between those who think your tri wetsuit will disintegrate in hours, and those who think it’ll be fine if you are just an occasional surfer.

jam-bo

I’ll guess you’ll find out. I know what my money is on.

Bodyline wetsuits in Newquay are good at repairs…

Spud

Second Bodyline… not a chance I’d surf in my swimming suit, would muller it

sgn23
    Free Member

@dc1988 which Lomo have you got and how do you rate it? The Venom for £99 looks a superb spec for the money.

@molgrips
    you’ve been missold, any tri-suit won’t last more than a few surf sessions. Take it back.

molgrips
    Free Member

I bought a surfing one as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Wetsuits’ is closed to new replies.