Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Weird stuff on “Wish” facebook ads.
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

It must be my browsing history but I am getting the weirdest stuff advertising on my Facebook all from Wish.

Some VERY strange clothing and spikes for puncturing car tyres. Just recently, a Princess Leia Slave Costume! I mean WTF?

Cougar

I don’t think it’s your browsing history, Wish is just randomly weird generally. The first time I ever browsed that website the second item it offered me was a knuckle-duster and about half a dozen items later was what I can only describe as a ****ing machine.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

…and about half a dozen items later was what I can only describe as a ****ing machine.

And there was me thinking that my browsing history was the reason I’ve been getting that ad.

MoreCashThanDash

Given the vagaries of our swear filter, I’m wondering exactly what it is I’m missing 🤔

maccruiskeen

Given the vagaries of our swear filter, I’m wondering exactly what it is I’m missing

Dont worry – there’s one in the post

joshvegas
    Free Member

what I can only describe as a ****ing machine.

A fleshlight?

MoreCashThanDash

My first thought was “killing machine”, and then I realised that wouldn’t get filtered.

Possibly a symptom of my day…..

maccruiskeen

Fr@nking Machine

coming through your letterbox

beej

Down South we’ve had washing machines for ages.

martymac

Beej, if you pay attention to your post, you’ll notice that ‘washing’ isnt filtered out 😂😂😂

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m a member of a “weirdest thing you’ve seen on Wish/Alibaba/etc” FB group chat with some nursing colleagues. The ‘****ing machine’ has featured a few times and the follow-up conversations have been quite interesting.

garage-dweller

I’m glad someone else asked this. Getting a weird mix of items in their ads, from a DeWalt power saw to exhaust flame kits to adult novelty undergarments and some kind of ring for chickens. Either they are truly random or my Facebook friends are weirder than I thought. It’s not my browsing history unless CRC has diversified into fetish gear (beyond the stuff for time triallists)….

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me then……my selection of delights has been some tight goth leggings, tatty looking g-strings, some horror mask, dog toys that I thought were buttplugs, and something that looked like a bottom torture device, but turned out to be hair tongs.

lesgrandepotato

You can view it. Then you get even weirder stuff. Some of it could be a power tool or a butt plug. The mind boggles.

TheBrick
    Free Member

My water butt has been leaking. Where may one purchase one of these butt plugs?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Perhaps also some kind of machine to really drive the plug tight into the hole to ensure no leakage from my butt.

Cougar

A fleshlight?

No, a machine. Like, a you-know-what for the ladies, on a sort of mechanical piston affair. I think it was table-mounted, I honestly didn’t spend the time investigating too closely to be sure.

lowey

jewel encrusted butt plug was on mine for ages.

willard

Jewel encrusted? You must really like your water butt to consider that. Allotment one-up-manship by any chance?

DrP

Ha!!!
    Same here!!

I definitely know I haven’t been looking online at:
    Things to put up your bum. I mean, LOADS of things…. all shapes and sizes
    Essentially what I can describe as a ‘prosthetic penis you put over one’s own penis to make it bigger and longer’
    Fake under armour clothing
    More things to put up your bum.
    Really kinky and slinky WOMEN’S clothes.
    RUbber earings

It’s a strange place we live in..

DrP

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Saw a butt plug with a fidget spinner attached on mine

maccruiskeen

Really kinky and slinky WOMEN’S clothes.

Often with room for their packed lunch

maccruiskeen

What has DrP done to upset the formatting?

johndoh
    Free Member

spikes for puncturing car tyres

Yep saw the same, immediately hid Wish from sponsored adverts

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Its your regal status Lowey , I’ve had adverts for stab vests, knuckle dusters , and various weapons/ Chinese landfill shite, all on the basis of buying one pair of shoes that fell apart !!!

Nico
    Free Member

I honestly didn’t spend the time investigating too closely to be sure.

Begorrah!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I may be misremembering Cougar but…

I don’t think it’s your browsing history, Wish is just randomly weird generally…
    … And about half a dozen items later was what I can only describe as a ****ing machine.

Don’t you subscribe to Ann summers’ mailing list?

Cougar

What has DrP done to upset the formatting?

Fixed now.

Don’t you subscribe to Ann summers’ mailing list?

I think you may have me mistaken with a different form of cougar. (-:

I believe I was at some point actually, must’ve been a couple of years ago at least.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got some weird and wonderful stuff on mine!

Men’s pants with a posing pouch. £3
    A pig shaped crack pipe £2
    A plastic bowl, with a plastic bear/car/rabbit fishing in it £2
    Large bunch of keys on a massive jailer ring £20
    999 tools in a case for £16
    Shimano Fishing reel £27
    Blue things you put in your mouth for £1
    Some shorts with ‘Vennun’ written on them for £3, they go up to XXXXL which has got to be worth seeing.
    Small Jet Engine £11
    What appears to be a semi-automatic pistol for £1
    Miniature Mulder from X-Files when he appeared in the Simpsons FBI badge £2.
    A syringe full of mercury (including a pic of someone pouring it onto their hands, £2.

And this:

I think it for a bit of ‘personal massage’ but, that might just be my dirty mind.
    Thingy

Cougar

I think it for a bit of ‘personal massage’ but, that might just be my dirty mind.

Obviously, it’s a dog chew toy. You put peanut butter inside.

Obviously.

gobuchul
    Free Member

What on earth is this? I don’t want to clock on it!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I believe I was at some point actually, must’ve been a couple of years ago at least.

I seem to remember you starting or commenting on a thread. It’s a number of years back but Iirc it was something to do with a rare earth magnet hand held **** device. I maybe confusing my threads mind.

andybrad

germ mask

IdleJon

gobuchul

You don’t want to what on it?

molgrips
    Free Member

Most stuff I get is really interesting looking engineering related items in anodised aluminium that I cannot recognise and I have no idea what they might be. Today there was something rolled up in a canvas roll – I have no idea what.

molgrips
    Free Member

What on earth is this?

I think I can figure that one out…

maccruiskeen

errrrrm.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Oh yeah, the bulging bit of thigh sticking through a hole in leggings look, who doesn’t like that?

Fwaarrrr.

pocpoc
    Free Member

It’s far more innocent that it looks. Turns out it’s a face mask with a bears nose and mouth printed on a white circle.
    The white background makes it look transparent when it isn’t.

Mine has recently come up with an attachement to swap with the shower head that you insiert up your behind to clean it. Not sure if that’s some sort of pleasure thing or some people really really want a clean hole.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Weird stuff on “Wish” facebook ads.’ is closed to new replies.