Home Forums Bike Forum weekend picture thread

• This topic has 32 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • weekend picture thread
    poah
    Free Member

Can’t see one. Went to Loch Lomond and back using sustrans route 7. Puncture at the waterside museum sucked a bit as the sealant wouldn’t do its job. 53.64 miles.

davros

Local loop on the flaremax. Mild and muddy.

Hello deer

mrchrist

Tomorrow am for me:).

scotroutes

Yesterday, late afternoon, feeling like we’re finally in for a spell of decent weather.

TomZesty

Bluebells starting to come out in Yorkshire. Still muddy and a far cry from my bluebell photos from last year!
    Bluebells

matt_outandabout

No riding today, or our planned weekend away, but we decided to head out for the day anyway.
    Scotland is a stunning place.
    View from highpoint of Isle of Luing. You can see (L-R) Mull of Kintyre, Jura, Scarba, Lunga, Islay, Colonsay, The Garvellachs, (another) Holy Isle, and Mull.
    Then homemade soup and fabulous coffee at the Atlantic Islands community cafe.
    👌

davy90
    Free Member

End of a wet week in the Trossachs yesterday.. Head back south today in glorious sunshine…

Short run from Lochearnhead toward Killin along the old railway line with the family..

bri-72

If Friday counts, Heartbreak Ridge in Ballater. Blowing hard with a biting cold wind but sun out for first time this week and trail riding nice.

Heartbreak Ridge

Heartbreak Ridge

phil5556

Not the best pics, but a nice 30km loop out from Ae Forest. I’ve got the mountain bike with me for tomorrow, nor ridden here for a couple of years and can’t quite remember what it’s like 🫤

reeksy

Three nights away before school starts back for the juniors. Some great rainforest hikes and also a morning at the 2018 Commonwealth Games mtb venue, Nerang.

First time the juniors had ridden there and they were fab. Easy climbs and fast rocky descents with lots of little drops and gaps that they just ate up.

116-B9213-5560-4-C02-91-DE-0-E5519-B30-EF4
    C3630-C25-69-DB-496-E-A9-E1-E4-DD7-D60059-C
    66-DEED1-C-EA58-4-D8-F-ADA4-1-D2-BE9-B91-AB4

kayak23

Fod

fazzini

Bit of a mooch this morning, and some sand art.

bish

Local bimble on the singlespeed today.

hairyscary

I was going to head to Innerleithen this weekend but had a last minute change of mind and went over to Glen Affric. I’m glad I did because it was absolutely stunning.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Went on a bike ride, don’t seem able to post photos anymore. Wonder if it’s because I’m not a paid up member.

phil5556

@Anna-B you have to use a host like IMGBB.com and then copy & paste the “BB Code” links.

Yes it’s a faff.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks @phil5556, I have flickr and I could always post photos if I used the BB code from there, but not today. Hence now wondering if it’s a paid up member privilege.

phil5556

Had a great day riding the off piste trails at Ae, whoever looks after them is doing great work 😎

Bike sucking up some lunch time electrons

Looking out from Green Hill(?)

Top of Scrambled Eggs

I know I should have propped it up with the cranks level etc

Downward dog

reluctantjumper

Did a small ride round some woods near Tintern this afternoon, somewhere I haven’t been for a very long time. Nearly killed myself though as I’d found a nice mellow run that I decided to do again and somehow I managed to end up on a different trail. I was expecting to pop out via this bit:

What I ended up doing was arriving with speed at the top of this bit, realizing I was going to die and jumped off the bike and somehow managed to grab onto a few roots and not fall down like the bike did:

Got away with just the brake levers and dropper remote rotating round the bars! To ride down you have to essentially do a 45° bunnyhop turn down into it, if you don’t know it’s there you’re flying off a big drop! I had to walk a good 100m to the right to find a way down to rescue the bike!

The ride did confirm that my fitness is shocking though, 4 miles and I was done.

Tracey

Spent the morning at Wharncliffe till a stick destroyed the rear mech

jimmy748

A lot more wind and a lot less sunrise than forecast.

matt_outandabout

What I ended up doing was arriving with speed at the top of this bit, realizing I was going to die and jumped off the bike and somehow managed to grab onto a few roots and not fall down like the bike did:

Username checks out.

Alex

All those blue skies! I missed riding under those yesterday.

FoD April 2023

Headed out to the FoD, was mucky but way better than last week. Image is from GoPro of me finally riding a roll down I’d bottled two weeks ago and then twice today. It was, as you’d expect, a non event!

Bored of the mud and the rain now. Forecast suggest we might see some sun and dry lines by next weekend.

jp-t853

After a mid week holiday in Berwick had a nice ride when I got home on Saturday evening

https://i.postimg.cc/GpJqJJw2/6-CD2-B872-92-C4-49-CB-BDFB-141-A4-A769-EC0.jpg

Out again today

Small stone circle

https://i.postimg.cc/Bbs85H3q/C80-BEC21-D9-A0-476-C-89-EB-FE8873463-AAF.jpg

Passed the sleepy hamlet of Oddendale

https://i.postimg.cc/zDgZK62X/40-C3-CEED-BB96-4849-A643-7-B8146-B1-DF3-F.jpg

mrchrist

Early morning outing from whaefdale over to washburn. Nice not to get soaked.

Denton moor

washburn

mrchrist

null

birky
    Free Member

Edit; ffs can’t get this to work now

tomhoward

Seeded on a hill. Repping the brand…

Donned coat, uplifted/pushed up a hill

Got to top of hill, eventually.

‘Rode’ down a ski slope.

Rode down the rest of the hill.

halifaxpete

cannondalem500

Spat out

Rookie error on the way to Coombe Hill near Wendover. Slipped in the mud and hooked my right grip on the wire mesh fence resulting in me being spat out the front at 45 degrees.

reeksy

@halifaxpete – the bloke on the right is a bit bold peeing in the open like that!

lowey

It was Glorious around Coniston on Saturday for a gentle mellow xc pootle. First Bluebell of the year too.

DrP

Not pictures.. but a few videos playng about in Wales with my new insta360 go2 camera…
    sorry for poor quality on one.. the YT uploads vids were both high quality – YT must downscale them??

Me in front on this one..

Me wearing the cam on this one

DrP

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.