Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof trousers for biking
  • DickBarton

I’ve been using a pair of Craft waterproof trousers for the last 7 years, completely waterproof and a tough wearing material without being heavy.

They’ve had a hard life, get used for more than just biking and are now showing signs of death…so I need to find a new pair. Craft don’t appear to be making them any longer so I’m properly stuck.

Endura make stuff but it seems to be wafer thing and some online chat suggests they don’t last well if they get caught or brushed against jaggy stuff (gorse) – the craft ones were ideal.

What else is out there? Looking for up to £90 and will last.

I’ll be wearing shorts underneath so ideally not heavy but definitely waterproof and sorted for mountain biking.

Thanks.

c_klein87

the altura attack waterproof trousers are pretty good, but not that light. the Vaude spray 3 pants look good but the arse wore out my shorts pretty fast!

somouk
    Free Member

A lot of people wear the blue RAF Goretex trousers from a surplus store if you are just after over trousers.

johnnystorm

I recently bought the Madison ones with the zip off legs so shorts and trousers. I wore them for the BB300 which which took place during Storm Callum. I was really pleased as they kept me dry, didn’t flap about and dried quickly. Tempted by the matching jacket now!

medoramas
    Free Member

I had a couple of very wet commutes and a proper muddy ride in the rain last night wearing Endura MTR trousers. They work and fit lovely.

DickBarton

Thanks for the suggestions. I can’t seem to find the Altura Attack trousers – maybe no longer made. WIll take a nosey at the Madison stuff. The Endura stuff looks good but the ‘proper’ stuff is seriously expensive, but I’ll take a nosey just the same as that is based on things from a few years ago.

andyha
    Free Member

Keep an eye out on eBay, I recently picked up a pair of the Craft rain pants. They are great and the vent in the knee is a great detail. Have a look at the Keela ones.

mucker

I’m looking for the same but not overtrousers.

roverpig
    samuelr
    Free Member

Those mango ones aren’t waterproof. Only the arse is.

I’ve been looking and the 3 best I can see are the £200+ norrøna fjørå, £140 race face agent and the fox attack winter.

I have a few norrøna jackets and am very impressed with the quality so think I might ignore the cost and try them.

roverpig

@samuelr. Yes, that’s what I was looking for. Fully waterproof trousers end up too clammy for my liking. So I wanted something waterproof at the rear (for all the spray off the rear wheel) but comfortable and breathable enough to be able to wear all day. Not sure if these will do the job, but it should be fun finding out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers for biking’ is closed to new replies.