Home Forums Chat Forum Waterboys Glasgow Barrowlands

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Waterboys Glasgow Barrowlands
  • redmex
    Free Member

I’m heading there at the end of October, anyone seen them live before ? I don’t know a great deal about them other than their stuff played on radio so must get listening on Spotify

ElShalimo

They were amazing mid to late 80s and early 90s. Wandered a bit after that.

brads
    Free Member

Brilliant back in the day, and the Modern Blues album is brilliant.

Should be a good gig.

doris1

I saw them a couple of years ago at Castlefield Bowl in Manchester supporting the Levellers, having not seen them since the late 80s. They were still really good although Fisherman’s Blues was the only track that got everyone dancing :-) Should be good.

brads
    Free Member

The girl who slept for Scotland is an amazing track.

scotroutes

Great band live and I love Mike Scott’s “solo” work too. I’d be going if we weren’t having to avoid crowded (especially indoor) places.

jezzasnr

Early eighties on a small, side stage at Glastonbury, and then wandering around the site for the rest of the weekend.
    Two years later in the main stage amongst the While of the Moon high.
    Both times, brilliant.

ElShalimo

I’ve seen them several times but St Pat’s Day at Manchester Apollo in 89? or 90 was amazing

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Back in the day watched them loads of times, Mike Scott can write great songs.

iainc

Skye music festival, I think 1986 maybe ? .. cracking act. Along with The Battlefield Band, Runrig, and headlined by Nazareth 🤪. Drunken field in Broadford on my Uni geology 6 week mapping project ..👍😁

avdave2

Saw them sometime back in the eighties at the Top Rank in Brighton. They were brilliant, they all seemed to be able to play just about any instrument put in their hands

scotroutes

And a Bang On The Ear contains one of all time favourite lyrics.

It started up in Fife.

It ended up in tears.

dovebiker

I’ve seen them a few times in the early 80’s at student union gigs – Pagan Place & This is the Sea tour at the QMU. Saw them again in 2002-ish at Hammersmith and they were great.

luv2ride
    Free Member

And a Bang On The Ear contains one of all time favourite lyrics.

It started up in Fife.

It ended up in tears.

Yep, great song. Always liked When Ye Go Away too, off the same record. Pagan Place is another great Waterboys album. Saw them decades ago (probably on the This is the Sea tour) and it was a blinder…

kcal

Yes, in Edinburgh is I would think 1985/6. Crcking at the time, around the time of Pagan Place, This is the Sea, and a bit later with Fisherman’s Blues. Mike Scott carries all along with him. Spookily it turns out my mate was at the same gig the day after, in Glasgow – still had the playlist scribbled down.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Seen them several times at Cambridge Folk Festival, always put on a superb gig that brings the house down, especially if the closing act.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve seen them 3 times and Mike Scott once. Always great , never boring . The best gig was during ‘Room to Roam’ in a tent in Nairn. I’d imagine seeing them in the Barras will be excellent. So many people know them from ‘The Whole of the moon’ which is one of their more mediocre songs.
    Anything performed live from Pagan place and This is the sea will be ace. Also they might cover Purple rain. Enjoy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Waterboys Glasgow Barrowlands’ is closed to new replies.