Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,610 total)
  • Watching your new topic fall away due to inactivity
  • bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

How do you feel when you create a new thread in the forum only to see it plummet to the end of the first page, then the second and then slowly but gradually disappear never to be see again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

athgray
    Free Member

Bump 🙂

This feels like keepy uppy.

spchantler
    Free Member

You ok hun?

Northwind

I hate it when something’s really active for a day or so then just stops. I’m fine with a total failure or a couple of posts because it just proves what a beautiful and unique snowflake I must be 😉

duntstick
    Free Member

No one in the real world gives a shit, so I have no delusions that anybody would really care here.
    If you come across someone with the same interest…….bonus

sharkattack

Just start a thread about how amazing VW vans are. That’ll keep you busy for a week.

scotroutes

Does it come with a crown race?

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I was actually expecting no responses at all as a joke but this..

You ok hun?

…has made me worry now. I can see how it can cause concern. Don’t worry I’m fine 🙂

ton

my posts do it all the time…….because i spout shit.

jimster01

Their loss, the clip I posted earlier helped me forget the shitty weather outside.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I feel nothing……not anymore…..feelings are for people who get replys 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Only time I’ve been annoyed was when I posted pics of a prototype full sus fat bike from Intense (I don’t even like the bloody things), no one showed any interest and it disappeared without a post. Several weeks later, someone else posted about it and loads of people were all over it like flies. The temptation to post a link to my previous lonely ‘single’ thread was strong, but like a man, I let it go. 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hoof her in the pudding!!

Or something like that

chip
    Free Member

No slats!

Pook

Anyone recommend a lock?

chorlton
    Free Member

I was going to say we should link to the threads concerned, like this but some some pillock posted on it. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    Anyone recommend a lock?

Giggling like a lunatic at this! Brilliant! 😆

akira

I really wish no one had commented on this.

sharkattack

Rolex Vs. Casio

Lets settle this once and for all.

takisawa2

My 9yr old decided, off his own back, to ride the 26 miles along the canals to Brum; to raise money for the MS society (his Uncle is a sufferer). He asked me to post a link to his JustGiving page. Don’t think it got a single hit. ?
    Tight gets.

Xylene
    Free Member

It is when you are a thread killer that gets me down.

You post something insightful, or witty, and nobody replies after it.

JoeG
    Free Member

Mods – can you make this a sticky? 😆

rOcKeTdOg

There’s a page 2????!!! 😯

metalheart
    Free Member

It’s not without a little trepidation I reply to this as not only do a large percentage of my threads disappear without a single ****ing reply but me replying to thread is usually a que for the tumble weeds to descend….

However one small recompense is I was able to sneak in a tattoo thread the other week without any of the usual mayhem ensuing (and my question answered to boot!)

Us tiny hitters need to stick together.

Xylene
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/holograms-from-phones

I thought this thread would get the geeks of STW going ooh.

Instead it vanished into the night.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Of the last ten posts I’ve made, six have had no subsequent replies. I’m a pretty good thread killer.

Xylene
    Free Member

I will save you this time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kayak23

I feel your pain. I started an awesome thread once, all about how the current Syrian President looks like one of the chefs off Ready Steady Cook. I predicted at least 20 pages
    Not a single reply or message of support.
    Tough crowd…. 🙂

porlus
    Free Member

It is when you are a thread killer that gets me down

That’s me.

I’ll post something relevant and that’s it. End of thread 😕

jimjam
    Free Member

Quirrel –

It is when you are a thread killer that gets me down.

You post something insightful, or witty, and nobody replies after it.

Or when you are just too far ahead of your time. That’s my personal curse. Post a thread about something no one’s heard of, but you know in a years time there’ll be a hugely successful thread about it.

And where will the already a thread bout it, try using search pedants be then? Nowhere. They won’t help.

nedrapier

My contributions are so insightful and complete there’s seldom much to be said after I’ve posted.

wwaswas

If two thread killers post on the same thread will stw implode?

MoreCashThanDash

I like the idea that l might one day become a “tiny hitter”!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sharkattack – Member
    Rolex Vs. Casio

Lets settle this once and for all.

Tudor.

Ooh, we’re on page two!

jimjam
    Free Member

On the subject of threads fallinf away, I take it Classified threads are designed to just die off? Bumping doesn’t seem to have any effect. What’s the etiquette on starting new ones but not spamming?

BruceWee

I think it’s worse when you get one response and it’s something along the lines of

Despite the fact that your post was only two lines long I haven’t actually read what you wrote. However, I did scan it and picked up on a couple of words I recognised so here are my thoughts on those words even though that’s not what you asked.

You then reply saying “Thanks but that’s not actually what I asked.” and then your thread disappears never to be seen again.

mrblobby
    Free Member

You then reply saying “Thanks but that’s not actually what I asked.” and then your thread disappears never to be seen again.

Not seen the body fat % thread then!

wwaswas

What’s the etiquette on starting new ones but not spamming?

No more than once in 24 hours.

For ever if necessary…

[since comments on the classifieds have been restricted there’s less advice/insults/arguing when stuff’s been posted at a high price daily for 3 months with no buyers]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,610 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.