Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Wants new (s/h) bike, can’t justify, but lusts….
  • How nice is this?

*looks down back of sofa….

fasthaggis

That is lovely,all the angles look ‘just right’,shame that the saddle looks like something my gran would have used 😆 🤣
    Also,I am well aware that front mechs are now obsolete,but that rear mech look like a sitting target.

but that rear mech look like it needs setting up properly.

But agreed – and the saddle too 🤣

ogden
    Free Member

sharkattack

I saw that this morning and yes it’s damn nice. I just don’t think I could go back to small wheels unless I was really committed to the ‘arsing around’ style of riding or had a bikepark nearby.

honourablegeorge

Nice, it”s a tyre swap away from a lovely bike

Nice, it”s a tyre swap away from a lovely bike

Shush….

matt_outandabout

Needs a gold ring…

Needs a gold ring…

I’d be tempted to go black ring, gold chain

I just don’t think I could go back to small wheels unless I was really committed to the ‘arsing around’ style of riding or had a bikepark nearby.

2 of my bikes are 26″, but then I’ve never tried a 29’er

DougD

2 of my bikes are 26″, but then I’ve never tried a 29’er

I think Airdrop Edits are still 27.5 aren’t they?

I think Airdrop Edits are still 27.5 aren’t they?

Yeah – sharkattack said they couldn’t go back to small wheels…

sharkattack

I was a reluctant 29er rider after trying and hating them in the early days. I was forced into it by a bike theft and lack of choice during lockdown. Now that the geometry is sorted I just immediately got used to it without thinking about it. Now when I ride my mates 27.5 bikes they feel too small and slow over rough stuff.

If I was doing barspins and 360’s it might be an issue but for me at 6’2″ there’s no downside to big wheels. I’m not totally ruling out 27.5 for the future if I want something a little more lively and agile. If I knew where all these amazing trails are that always show up in 50:01 videos I’d have one.

My current bike is a Norco Sight which kind of looks like a bigger Edit but not as flash as the one in the picture.

zerocool

Finance or buy an older model. The first gen were great bikes. Not ridden the newer ones but they look fun as well

natrix
    Free Member

bike

Finance or buy an older model. The first gen were great bikes. Not ridden the newer ones but they look fun as well

That’s ^^ a 2022 second hand – £2.5k

Just can’t justify buying one at the moment

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the look of the Edit, looks to me how a modern Turner 5spot/RFX might have ended up if they had stayed with HL.

But, they’re wedded to 27.5. If there had a 29er in the range, they would have been on my shortlist for the last 3 bike changes.

JAG

I feel smug – I bought a new one in March 2022. It is a lovely thing :o)

eulach

The black and yellow Öhlins/Kitsuma looks very nice too.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0777/4197/products/2400-Edit-Ohlins-Ltd-Edition-03_5000x.jpg?v=1667223213

I very nearly bought one but then got 29er curious.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Always liked what Airdrop do and very nearly got one (well, 2 actually after my carbon RFX let me down) but ended up on an Ibis Mojo instead. Still wonder if that might have been the better choice.

Two comments above ring true.
    1. Looks like the bike Turner could have become.
    2. If they made a 29er version of that, it would be on my short list.

sharkattack

2. If they made a 29er version of that, it would be on my short list.

I think my Norco Sight is pretty close to what an Airdrop 29er would look like. You could buy one and put Airdrop stickers on it. Tell everyone you’re testing a prototype.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.