Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Urgent Advice Needed- Anyone taken a bike on Ryanair before? Size Limits?
  • mefster
    Free Member

Off to Avignon tomorrow to watch a couple of stages of the Tour. Unfortunately, we've only been able to get flights with Ryanair.

I've paid my charges and booked the bike on. Only £30 each way. Seems a little reasonable for Ryanair so I'm worried I'm going to get hit with some huge fine for it being too heavy or big.

I've searched Ryanair's extremely confusing and difficilt to navigate website and been unable to find any details. I've even phoned customer services, their £1 a minute advice line, only to be cut off.

Has anyone flown with a bike on Ryanair before? Are there any limits on size or weight or any other similar pitfalls to watch out for?

I'd appreciate the advice as I'm flying tomorrow morning and don't want to be that person losing it at check-in you always see on 'Airport'!

Thanks

ChrisE
    Free Member

Flown with bike with Ryan Air a couple of times, although I do despise the airline. Nod had any probs. I did have the bike in a box, well padded with wheels off, bars off etc so was reasonably small. I thought they charged £25 or £30 per bike per flight on top of the pasenger fare (which is why I despise them). My bike in a box is no bigger than a v.large suitcase.

Oh and when they ask have you taken all the air out of your tyres, out of your shock, are your brakes fluid based (hydralic) etc, just lie.

C

crazy-legs

It's been a while since I took a bike on Ryanair but I just used my normal bike bag, tools and clothes in there as well and never had a problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Urgent Advice Needed- Anyone taken a bike on Ryanair before? Size Limits?’ is closed to new replies.