Home Forums Bike Forum Tyres for Giant PR2 wheel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tyres for Giant PR2 wheel
  • breninbeener

A friend has a set of disc PR2 wheels on her Liv roadbike.

Although the rims are tubeless ready, she simply cannot get the Goodyear Eagle tyres that she bought onto the rim. Im pretty sure i can get them on, but they will be so tight i fear she wont ever be able to take them off if she has the need to run a tube.

The tyres it came with are Giant Gavia Fondo 2 wire bead tubeless ready. These seem to fit a little better and are easier to fit and remove.

Does anyone run these wheels, and what tyres are you using?

Thanks

Ian

sixtoes

Yup I run PR2s. Had a few different tyres, I’ll try to remember… Also technique is a massive factor here as I’m sure you know.

Schwalbe Pro One TLE – Easy to fit, but tubeless only. Running these currently. They are great but over priced. That said I’ll probably buy them again as they are so fast and feel great.

Vittoria Rubino Pro Control – OK to fit. Decent tyres, but I probably wouldn’t pay full price for them. Surprisingly puncture resistant.

Continental GP 4 Seasons – Bit harder to fit. Quite liked these but a bit pricey. Not as puncture resistant as they’d have you believe. Stopped using them in the end as so prone to side wall damage.

Continental Ultra Sport (wired) – OK to fit. Cheap, but feel good. Puncture easily.

breninbeener

Thats ace! Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.