Home Forums Bike Forum Trek slash 9 vs Enduro s-works

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trek slash 9 vs Enduro s-works
  • charlie111093
    Free Member

Come on then guys, I can get both bikes at the same price, really can’t choose between them!
    Any experiences of either as proper all round bikes (from local dh tracks and pike park Wales to longer rides)
    Trek is the slash 9 with stock spec.
    Enduro is an s works frame with Xo kit, hope hubs, formula t1 brakes, kashima 36s etc.
    which would you be spending your money on?
    Cheers

mrbelowski
    Free Member

No one with experiences of £5000 mountain bikes? Who’d have thunk it :)

I’d have the enduro. Actually no, I’d have a cheap bike and spend the rest of the money on crack and hookers

charlie111093
    Free Member

Haha I’m not going to pretend I’ve got 5k to spend- I should have clarified that both bikes are second hand and relative bargains in my opinion. Still a lot of money but both just within my budget

Tracey

We have two carbon S Works Enduros. Cant comment on the Trek but ours do everything we want. Paid alot less than than you would think for them. Mine as a full bike and Abigales as a build up. Wouldnt be tempted by anything else out there

orangeboy
    Free Member

Love my 2013 sworks enduro. Got a frame and added 34 fox
    Plus my older 1×10 xtr
    Stans arch ex with stans ti hubs

It’s been my do it all bike since I build it last year all apart from proper winter crap rides
    Bpw , trail centre use and mostly just local tame rides that I can do on my cx bike with care

I love it , it’s a little slower than my old xc bike on normal single track but that’s to be exspexted

As a serial bike builder / sellers / swaper all I can say its a keeper

charlie111093
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. I’m certainly leaning towards the enduro as a slightly better all rounder. I know that with any bike of this nature I’m going to be “over-biked” on some tamer trails but it also means I’m likely to never reach the limits of it even on uplift days.

Tracey, by the looks of it one of yours is the older style frame and one is the slightly newer model? The one I’m looking at is the older style (2011 I think)- are there any major differences between the two?

Orangeboy, I am also a serial bike builder but looking to settle on one bike so I know how you feel!
    Thanks

Tracey

Only difference we can tell is that the 2014 has a Cane Creek double barrel shock and mine has a RP23. The 2014 also has a 142+ rear end to my normal one. Will know if its any better after our Alps trip if I can catch Abigale to have a go. Oh and the 2014 can have a stealth post or normal which mine cant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trek slash 9 vs Enduro s-works’ is closed to new replies.