Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tredz – how long!?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Ordered a bottom bracket Tuesday morning… received dispatch email Saturday morning

Is this a long time or me being unreasonable?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’re being unreasonable.

allthepies
    Free Member

Orders will usually take between 2 and 7 working days to arrive.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/delivery_information.aspx

creamegg
    Free Member

I ordered a load of stuff on tue from wiggle, merlin and crc. None have arrived yet. But i ordered more stuff on thurs from the same retailers and they arrived fri / sat. The annoying thing is the stuff i ordered first goes on the frame first so i cant really start my build till they get here.

Unless you specifically paid for next day / express delivery you just have to wait.

creamegg
    Free Member

Double post

bazwadah
    Free Member

I ordered a headset from tredz and although it took just over a week to arrive they did send an email explaining the delay. In my experience the money I saved was worth the wait. I’d say give em a bit longer..

bonesetter
    Free Member

OK, fair enough. They were a decent price

_tom_
    Free Member

Dunno, when I order something I expect it to be despatched at least the day after ordering unless they specify otherwise. This seems to be standard procedure with most companies..

MoreCashThanDash

I think our expectations have been raised to the point where any innocuous delay seems too long.

Once upon a time in a land not that far away, you used to have to cut the order form out of a catalogue and post your order off! What kind of crackpot business model was that?

(Actually, it probably predates the use of the term “business model” 🙁 )

davewilson634
    Free Member

I’ve never waited longer then a day for anything from merlin.my am45 took nearer 12days from crc

fenred
    Free Member

Sounds about right for tredz. If they got their shit together I’d use them a lot more. again.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I ordered a jersey the website said was in stock. Ten days later i rang to enquire about the order and was told “oh yes, we’re having trouble getting hold of Endura stock but it should be with us next week”.
    Another ten days passed and i again rang Tredz to be told it would be in the week after.
    A week later i e-mailed them about the order, chap rang me back and told me he would ring Endura personally in the morning.
    He rang back the next morning to tell me Endura could not promise delivery before July!!!
    He was very apologetic, saying they had to show stuff as being in stock otherwise no one would order, and a refund available.
    Seems like Endura are being a pain because i cant find that jersey anywhere and Endura wont answer my mails.

steviecapt
    Free Member

I ordered a slime tube from tredz back last year, they said it would take a day to get delivered to their cardiff shop and that they would text me when i could pick it up, after a month they called me to say my inner tube was in, yea right, needless to say i,ve never used them again since, and not the first time ive had trouble with them either, they sell you items they dont have in stock, and then dont tell you till you ring up to see where your items are, wouldnt be so bad if they told you straight away your items were out of stock, then you could decide wether or not to wait or order from some where else, i think their whole ordering system needs updating, heard the same story from other people aswell, i hope they sort it out as i like the shop, just not their service

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve used them once before and it took an age to get he stuff because the stuff wasn’t actually in stock despite what the website said. It was pretty irritating and I’m not sure ill be in a rush I use them again; CRC have always been mega reliable for me.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I get stuff the same day, everytime… from my local bike shop.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tredz – how long!?’ is closed to new replies.