Home Forums Chat Forum Travelling abroad and need a COVID test – where?

• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Travelling abroad and need a COVID test – where?
  • rsmythe
    Free Member

Hi all,

Not ideal but it is imperative that I travel to Poland for work soon. I am required to present a negative Covid test (within 72 hours of travel) so that I can gain entry to Poland. Any idea where I’d get one? There are tons of companies offering this service online. Given the timescale from test to travel that any company has to be on their toes and I don’t want to get caught out… I would prefer to go somewhere and have the test in person rather than something I have to mail in. Too much info online, and I am confused!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

R

bruneep

it is imperative that I travel to Poland for work soon.

well get your work to arrange, unless you are your work of course.

Location where you are might help for replies.

jamiemcf

Is there not a walk in facility where you stay that does them. There are a few near me. Get one a day and go with a book of test results.

Caher

Government are listing them by price now.

Clover

I found a local pharmacy to do mine. Just did a search on covid test travel and my town. Fit to fly is a good search term too.

longmover
    Free Member

Check if the 72 hours ends at the start of the journey or arrival at the destination.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is there not a walk in facility where you stay that does them. There are a few near me

I don’t want to pay for some companies little jaunt to Poland.

matt_outandabout

Is there not a walk in facility where you stay that does them. There are a few near me

Two of my sons work at one.

IIRC (and I would ask them if they weren’t away to start work anyway) that the NHS and private test places give you a different output – NHS is a textrd result on your NHS no., private tests give you a certificate and number against DOB/Name etc that you can present.

I think they’ve had a few irate customers trying to save a few quid who have been refused flight or had to pay at the airport – and came back to complain….

P-Jay
    Free Member

Private GP surgery doing mine on Monday, although I only need an LFT for France so it’s ‘only’ £65 despite the fact I have boxes of LFTs at home as I have to do them twice weekly anyway, and another £60 when I’m there to come home, and another £80 for tests when I get home… despite being fully vaccinated.

rsmythe
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I think I’ll just head to the “big” local pharmacy and see what they recommend or in the case of Boots, get one there. Biggest concern is not having the correct documentation. @FunkyDunc, I’m pretty sure that you require a proper test certificate with your address etc to be accepted at the airport, so getting an NHS Covid test and associated text message wouldn’t suffice. Your taxes are safe from me (and everyone else who is travelling correctly).

P-Jay
    Free Member

‘Technically’ other countries could accept an NHS PCR test, but as the rules in the UK are clear that NHS tests shouldn’t be used for travel they wont. Plus in the case of France you have to sign a declaration that you don’t have any covid symptoms, and you need to have covid symptoms to get an NHS PCR test…

Self administered LFT tests are generally not accepted as they’re not accurate enough.

As for Boots, plan well ahead, they were booked solid for weeks last time I looked.

kilo

We have used boots and a local private provider, both required passport details so the test could be linked to travel. We then showed the test at the flight gate and again they checked the passport against test results. Private one was more expensive but three hours turnaround which was needed on that occasion. Rock up to a portacabin at Southwark cathedral and job done; DocTap.co.uk

DrJ

another £80 for tests when I get home…

Where did you fiind such a low price? Don’t you need 2 PCR tests once back home?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Travelling abroad and need a COVID test – where?’ is closed to new replies.