Home Forums Chat Forum Trades and covid

• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Trades and covid
  • lunge

Right then STW.
    I have just tested positive, Mrs Lunge is negative.
    Tomorrow we have a carpet due to be fitted in the spare room. It’s a small room and they reckon the fitting will take 1 hour tops.
    Assuming Mrs Lunge stays negative (likely as she was positive 2 weeks ago), if I lock myself away in another room and Mrs lunge lets them in, would this be OK? We’d obviously make sure the windows are all open and distance is kept at all times.
    Or am I being flippant? The last lot of trades I had in could not have cared less about any Covid restrictions and this was at the height of the pandemic.

martinhutch

would this be OK?

What does the carpet fitter say?

ahsat

You need to ask them and see what they are comfortable with.

MoreCashThanDash

You need to ask them and see what they are comfortable with.

This.

Underhill
    Free Member

Give them a call, explain the situation and let them decide.
    Chances are they won’t care and if you’re locked away they’ll crack on.

If you’re really worried about it, just open a bottle of bubbly and remind them it’s a work event

lunge

If you’re really worried about it, just open a bottle of bubbly and remind them it’s a work event

Had a chat with them and we’ve rescheduled, seems the right decision.

Drac

You can’t unless it is essential repairs, only those who live with you can enter the property.

bruneep

You can’t unless it is essential repairs, party only those who live “work” with you can enter the property.

scruff9252

Telling them is 100% the right move. If they catch it from you, other than the implicit health issues, they would loose out on 2 weeks paid work if self employed…

EhWhoMe

The last lot of trades I had in could not have cared less about any Covid restrictions and this was at the height of the pandemic.

Posted 1 hour ago

Probably should not have let them in then

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac
    You can’t unless it is essential repairs, only those who live with you can enter the property.

Not sure there’s a legal restriction on that anymore, think it’s just guidance?

Drac

If you’re isolation due to suspected or positive test then no it’s not guidance.

All non-essential in-house services and repairs should be postponed until the self-isolation period is completed. Delivery drivers should not come into your home, so make sure you ask them to leave items outside for collection.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

seosamh77
    Free Member

Stay at home: guidance

Says it at the top of the page…

oldtennisshoes

should not must

flannol
    Free Member

Telling them is 100% the right move. If they catch it from you, other than the implicit health issues, they would loose out on 2 weeks paid work if self employed…

100% this. I just got stung by it

Drac

No wonder it’s still spreading. Yeah you can come in my home, don’t worry I know I’m infected with a highly contagious virus but it’s should not must.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac
    No wonder it’s still spreading.

It’s a bit late to be upset about having a level of covid kicking about is it not? This was decided and implemented away back in july.

jamesoz

Definitely a no. I wouldn’t step foot in your house, ignoring the basic health risk and guidance.
    We’re a small business and one guy getting Covid causes huge problems, plus all the other clients who the guy visits if he gets infected.
    In our case we visit care homes from time to time.
    The Carpet fitter as with a lot of trades may not get sick pay.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Ultimately it’s up to the individual fitter/their company really. But I’d reschedule myself.

bruneep

Obviously this is for another thread but… After all that’s come out about the non compliance at No 10, most I’ve spoke to and met in my work say why should I bother  when they clearly don’t give a chuff, I’ll just carry on doing what I do and sod the “guidance”

jamesoz

Obviously this is for another thread but… After all that’s come out about the non compliance at No 10, most I’ve spoke to and met in my work say why should I bother when they clearly don’t give a chuff, I’ll just carry on doing what I do and sod the “guidance

Which is one of the reasons Boris is such a cockearedf**kmonkey.

lunge

Drac
    No wonder it’s still spreading.

I suspect me popping a question on here and then having a sensible conversation with a tradesman is not the reason it’s still spreading.
    Could be wrong mind you.

Drac

Good job I didn’t claim that was the case. You were sensible and informed the contractor.

It’s a bit late to be upset about having a level of covid kicking about is it not? This was decided and implemented away back in july.

No, if people are arrogant enough to let people into a home where there is an infected person it’s not too late to call them out.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Trades and covid’ is closed to new replies.