Home Forums Bike Forum Tour of Britain

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Tour of Britain
  • daviek

I might just be being useless but the tour was meant to be on ITV4 but Its the sweeney tried the ITV hub app on a fire stick and it’s not to be found there either. Anyone know if it’s on?

scotroutes

Possibly delayed due to weather conditions in Glenshee

daviek

Cheers for that! I’ll keep an eye out for it during the day.

scotroutes

To be clear – the race started on schedule but the TV company hasn’t made provision for the weather (despite it having been forecast all week). It’s currently looking like none of it will be shown.

crazy-legs

To be clear – the race started on schedule but the TV company hasn’t made provision for the weather (despite it having been forecast all week). It’s currently looking like none of it will be shown.

Well all the TV kit (inc commentary position, TV transmission etc) is at the finish (as is standard for most races) and it’s currently too windy for the cranes to operate, plus the helicopter which is also used for live image relay can’t fly.

I can actually see them finishing this stage well short of the finish at this rate. I’ve been up Glenshee several times and it’s no place to be in this sort of weather! Such a shame that after weeks of unbroken sunshine, the weather has turned shit for the one week that the Tour of Britain is on. :-(

longdog
    Free Member

Yeh it been a pretty wild and wet night and morning in the Angus glens so I’m sure the other side of glen shee will be even better for ducks 😣

Robz
    Free Member

It’s literally the wettest it’s been all year in Aberdeen – absolutely torrential rain. I’m currently hiding in a cafe 100m from the start line wondering how to get home. I wouldn’t fancy having to cycle to Glenshee.

crazy-legs

bruneep

Grimmer than normal in Aberdeen at moment 🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

Robz
    Free Member

There’s also an Scottish enduro race going on at Pitfichie. I’m guessing conditions there are pretty spicy too

trail_rat
    Free Member

Abandoned travel plans to go watch it live.

No day to be on the roads out there like. Standing water is incredible and the roads are super greasy to boot.

The peloton has taken a wrong turn though and has ended up traveling back through the cars in the wrong direction.

And Bora rider is off to ari after colliding with a motorbike.

Propper mess

crazy-legs

Live coverage now! ITV4.

daviek

I’m just north of Aberdeen and there was some light rain earlier but as soon as i went outside to work on the car its started to bucket down!

Ill go have a look now.

edit: I forgot about the race at Pitfichie …… the roots on white lady will be a nightmare today

Bruce

We are staying near Loch Kinord, the route goes right past the house.
    Going out when the race is a bit nearer.

crazy-legs

Weather looks a bit better for today’s stage, overnight heavy rain clearing quickly.

Scottish Borders, 11am for live coverage.

donald
    Free Member

I went up Wanside Rigg to watch the action this afternoon. Plenty of cyclists up there.

KOM

The chasers

The peleton

franksinatra

Great stage yesterday. Does anyone know about the crash or incident yesterday between Bonchester Bridge and Jed? The Air Ambulance landed on scene but nothing reported about it that I could see.

weeksy

Speaking of the ToB, where the heck is Cavendish at the moment ? Since winning his title, he’s not been out at all ? Despite seeing some races that would arguably have suited.

Garry_Lager

Cees Bol yesterday:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fb5sBQZWQAAvPWp?format=jpg&name=900×900

Margin of victory = one arse hair.

crazy-legs

Speaking of the ToB, where the heck is Cavendish at the moment ?

Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl aren’t in the ToB this year…

crosshair
    Free Member

Anyone watching live 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Total stalemate. Most odd.

Saint piran guy tries to bridge on Alex Richardson’s orders and the WT teams just chased him down and went nuts at him 🤣🤣

crazy-legs

Saint piran guy tries to bridge on Alex Richardson’s orders and the WT teams just chased him down and went nuts at him

Not uncommon to see stuff like that where there’s a bit of a disconnect between domestic pro teams and WT teams – it is a different style of racing and the mix of experience can be quite wide.

weeksy

Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl aren’t in the ToB this year…

OK, but still the same Qn.

crosshair
    Free Member

It seemed even more than that! Turns out it may have been a feint by Richardson/SP to help get the break an easy gap!

They’ve literally Z2’d all day since 🤣

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Speaking of the ToB, where the heck is Cavendish at the moment ? Since winning his title, he’s not been out at all ? Despite seeing some races that would arguably have suited.

He raced Tour of Poland and Commonwealth Games last month. Suspect given he raced a lot early in the season and already had a Grand Tour in his legs that a bit of a break was in order. Plus QS know he’s on the way out, and he’s just had another kid, so suspect he may not be top of their pick list.

fazzini

Lovely drop of weather for them again today. I’m genuinely creased every time a motorbike goes past and a wave hits the peloton lead. Like my commute at times, if a tad slower ;)

weeksy

Doesn’t look like fun!

franksinatra

Alex Richardson trying to ride his bike like he stole it, or something like that, except someone else stole it. There is a joke there but I can’t quite string it together.

fazzini

Well I’m 15 miles or so north of them and it’s more than moderately moist here. Glad I’m WFH today 😁 currently listening to the thunder and rain

crazy-legs

I’m trying to work out plans to catch it midway tomorrow and then get to the finish but it’s looking tricky to try and ride right across the North York Moors and beat them to Helmsley!

Will see what the weather is like – I’m about 10 miles down the road from the finish at the moment and it’s just started raining.

cvilla

Sponsorship deals may change in future;) was he actually riding an S-Works, sorry it will only make sense if you caught up today.

crazy-legs

I rode various chunks of the course around Whitby area, jumping between bits of it then followed it in through Grosmont to Egton Bank. Sitting in a café at the summit watching the race live on TV.

After its been through here I’ve got a sprint right across the Moors to the finish at Helmsley! Met a guy this morning who was riding the entire stage so rode some of the route with him.

Good atmosphere, lots of people gathering in the village now.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m marshalling in Mansfield tomorrow just before the finish line. Weather doesn’t look great!

crazy-legs

Weather doesn’t look great!

I think today was the best they’ve had, weather wise!
    Lovely afternoon at the finish, people sitting out in the sunshine. It did threaten rain a couple of times at the northern end of the route but it was all OK.

Will watch the highlights, see if I’m on TV… 😉

midlifecrashes

Missed opportunity today to showcase one of UKs most famous roads and route through Rufford Mill ford coming between Retford and Worksop, .

MoreCashThanDash

Missed opportunity today to showcase one of UKs most famous roads and route through Rufford Mill ford coming between Retford and Worksop, .

Wouldn’t get any wetter than they did on Tuesday.

Caught some of the TV coverage while I had some lunch – looks like Ilkeston CCs orange and black army has been strategically deployed around the route.

nbt

Stage 6 (Friday, Tewkesbury to Gloucester) cancelled as a mark of respect. Information on stages 7 and 8 to follow

crazy-legs

Edit: cross posted with @nbt above.

argee

Bugger, they were going to be passing through my town tomorrow :(

anagallis_arvensis

Is it me or is that bloody ridiculous?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.