Home Forums Bike Forum tough year with life horrible things

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tough year with life horrible things
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

so year before last my partner was diagnosed with cancer , her dog died of it , i was ill , house sale fell through leaving us more or less homeless .Then in December we got a amazing beautiful yorkie pup who gives us so much love and joy , we also bought a nice little cottage , life was good then on tuesday our yorkie went suddenly blind , we rushed her to vets , turns out she has a autoimmune disease with inflammation on the brain , she now on aggressive steroids and chemo but prognosis isn’t great.i am a 48 year old man and have lost dogs before but i don’t know why i am totally wrecked and devastated , not looking for sympathy and i know everyone has shit to deal with but isn’t life shit ….

MoreCashThanDash

You’ve been through a colossal amount of major changes and loss, not surprising you are struggling.

Don’t bottle things up, vent on here as much as you like.

jamj1974

Life can be shit. There’s no rhyme or reason to it – it just can be. I’m sorry to hear you are having a a bad time, it must be very tough. Take care. Jay

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Jesus mate, sorry to hear that. It’s never easy to lose a pet but to lose a young one that obviously gave you a much needed boost is terrible.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

That’s very bad.
    Can imagine what you are saying. Hope things will turn around for you!

nicko74

Pets can be the worst for really getting you upset when they get ill, because it seems to be the sweetest, least deserving ones that get the roughest deal. We have a rescue pug who went blind about a year ago; before that she was so unassuming, never grouchy, just wanted to be around us and play with other dogs. It just seemed **** that such a good-natured dog, who’d had a really rough early life, should have this happen to her too.

All you can do is keep pushing through it, and try to take the positives of each day as they come :(

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

edit

marksnook
    Free Member

Seriously sorry to read that, i hope somehow things turn around and the pup makes it. Dogs are just full of love and want nothing but love back.
    Dread the day anything happens to my dogs

dovebiker

Healing vibes

rhayter

It never rains, but it pours, eh? You’ve been dealing with a heap of very stressful stuff. Don’t think that because it was last year that’s it’s not still affecting you. But you know, that is 100% OK. You’re human. Your poor pup’s sudden illness is just a trigger for the negative emotions you’re still processing. Talk to someone. Get some counselling through your GP perhaps? Whatever you do, don’t be a ‘man’ about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tough year with life horrible things’ is closed to new replies.