Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Titus Bikes
  • Sodajim

just noticed smothie set looks to work for the rock star but it will not fit the FTM Carbon. no no no no no

uplink
    Free Member

HHHHHmmmm…

If you look at the kit list on the Titus US site
    It specs the FTM carbon with either a FSA Gravity SX, A DX Pro or a Chris King Inset

http://www.titusti.com/2010/bikes/ftm_carbon.php

Sodajim

Not sure about the FSA Gravity SX, A DX Pro or Chris King going by the Titus site they do make a 42mm Intergrated top and a 52 mm Integrated bottom but Im not sure with out one posting the exact size of the smoothie that it will fit. It looks like the rock star has different size cups to the FTM Carbon other wise they would list the smoothie as fitting that as well. I intially bought an angle set before on one posted up the correct size for the FTM ( the intially told me the smoothie would fit) but the bottom cup was a few mm out.

superdale
    Free Member

Hi for the FTM Carbon and Carbon X compatible headset details follow this link:
    http://shop.titusti.com/titus_headset_info_for_carbon_X_and_carbon_FTM.pdf
    Otherwise I spoke to Jamie at On-One who told me they might have some compatible integrated units coming in soon.
    Or you could just order from the US direct via Cane Creek should take no more than 5 days i think. Hope that helps.
    Hopefully my FTM should turn up today… like a boy in a sweet shop…

shedfull
    Free Member

My frame’s arrived!

I can’t put a fork in it, but it’s here. I just ordered a Cane Creek IS52 reducer lower for a 1 1/8 fork. My dealer says Extra UK have none in stock and it could be as much as 3 weeks before they come in. I’ll leave the order with them and keep trying On One.

uplink
    Free Member
    uplink
    Free Member

My Rockstar has landed 🙂

no forks though, so no build yet 🙁

superdale
    Free Member

My FTM is here as well. Damn smart. Does anyone intend to Helitape or Biketape their frame before building? If so which would you recommend and should I worry about it removing the clear laquer when it comes to be renewed?

andyl
    Free Member

use a hair drier when removing as well as installing it.

Will soften the adhesive when removing. Fit with a hair drier to make it stretch easier so you don’t get bubbles and ridges.

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t bother taping them up
    It’s a MTB frame, it’ll get marked at some time

larrythelathe
    Free Member

nine turned up today
    local bike shop is going to try and sort me a headset as my struggle to fine one goes on

tomhplanetx
    Free Member

Hi all, glad your frames are turning up on time, appologies for any of you still waiting.

Just to clear up a couple of headset issues…

The only headset we know definately fits the FTM Carbon (as in we have fitted and ridden it) is an FSA CF-40 No. 42 ACB, be careful here though as apparently there is a non-ACB version that won’t fit. We’re trying to get stock direct from FSA ASAP and hope to have them on the site within a week. If you fancy seeking out your alternative an headset you’ll need make sure it’s integrated 42mm top / integrated 52.1mm bottom, (S.H.I.S. Code: IS42 | IS52).

As for the Rockstar, our Smoothie Mixer headset will work, as it will on the Aluminium FTM, but not the carbon. Don’t forget the aditional crown race if you wan’t to run it with a tapered steerer though.

Hope this helps.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

will it work with a staright steerer ??? ftm carbon

Sodajim

the 40 series cane creek intergrated 42 top, intergrated 52 bottom mixer defo fits as well, mines fitted. just popped my new rev 20 maxeld rlti’s in the for fun too! Ive got every thing i need, just in the process of moving house with a stressed out mrs so looks like mines waiting till saturday to slot together, if I’m lucky!

larrythelathe
    Free Member

where did you get it from?

Sodajim

hell yes lary! Im working to a budget so bought a straight steererd fork from on one as it was a good price..

Sodajim

evans cycles i’ll have a quick butchers for you

Sodajim

at least i would if evans site hadnt crashed right now!!

shedfull
    Free Member

The Cane Creek IS52 conversion lower is the only one I’ve found so far that fits a 1 1/8 fork in the FTM Carbon frame. The upper’s pretty simple – the top half of any campy headset should fit. I just ordered the lower from Bike-Mailorder.de in Germany as their site is saying 2-10 days whereas the UK distributor is saying up to 3 weeks.

heuer27
    Free Member

I just bought the bottom crane creek part and a fsa ce full headset from Evans with the intention of a mix and match to get this baby on the trail. I was quoted 9 June for the cane creek headset from the importer. Eh no thanks
    Also Koo bikes have a KCNC pt1860 headset that is supposed to work. Mine didn’t, the split crown race was spinning around the bottom of the steerer(tapered). Pity that but they have agreed to take it back so at lease thats a bonus.

slowboydickie

How does the FTM carbon size up? Looks like it the largest size is a L.

tomhplanetx
    Free Member

Hi all, just to let you know we now have the headset to fit the FTM Carbon, the FSA CF-40 No. 42 ACB in stock.

@slowboydickie That’s right, the FTM Carbon comes in S, M or L.

Andy

@tomhplanetx that headset is for tapered forks only. And £79.95 for an FSA headset!!!!!

james
    Free Member

“Nor will an angle set unfortunately”
    Why is this?
    I thought they were releasing anglesets for Tapered and 44mm headtubes?
    Or is there more than one ‘standard’ for tapered headtubes?

The FTM has a 69.25deg HA with a fox 140mm fork, I’m not aware of any (140mm fork intended) bike steeper

“you’ll need make sure it’s integrated 42mm top / integrated 52.1mm bottom, (S.H.I.S. Code: IS42 | IS52)”
    Is this the answer I’m looking for? though I don’t know whether those numbers will work or not?

uplink
    Free Member

My Rockstar needs the BB threads chased

Not sure if all frames will need this but worth considering if you were planning a build this weekend

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i have ordered from cane creek in the USA i just hope they have stock.
    if not i am thinking of returning as its a nightmare

My bottom bracket seem fine is the rear Mech and the brake line met to into the same cable pass thro’?

uplink
    Free Member

The headset issue is annoying – you should have snapped up the Evans one when I first posted it

Not sure about the cable guides, I’l go look later

EDIT: my cable guides look OK

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i should have said front mec share a hole with the rear brake.

I wish i had bought one

superdale
    Free Member

Hi just an update fitted the Cane Creek headset at lunch to FTM Carbon & it fitted a treat. Very smooth, top quality and the carbon top is nice & light, but not that obvious its carbon if you can find an alloy one in stock for less. Am hoping the brake and gear cable fit I have fat hope hoses – will paragon tape around the exit holes but am leaving the rest of the frame exposed as the alloy guards should handle any stone chips plus some chainstay pad protectors. I reckon with enough stick the tape could pull off the clear laquer & it looks too good to risk.

gixerator
    Free Member

Larry,

FSA ORBIT CF40 with a 1 1/8th steerer crown FSA 160 5540 (one one have the headset and can get the crown from Windwaves)

or Balfa for an Across AI 17 both just under £100 though!!!

superdale
    Free Member

Nearly built but thwarted by the cable holes through the frame being too small to share a rear brake & gear cable. Am having to change the Hope brake hose to 5mm. Be warned if you have larger or braided aftermarket hoses!!!

larrythelathe
    Free Member

got mine up and running know

Chainline
    Free Member

Anyone that wants to slacken their FTM, as long as you have the headset specs, SAAR at OFANAIM, see link, can sort you out.

I slackened my 1 1/8″ Nicolai by 1.3deg.

Most detail is on the website, his communication and service is ace.

http://www.ofanaim.net

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Titus Bikes’ is closed to new replies.