Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • These shoes? Why yes, yes they are.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually pretty decent stuff.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/adidas-samba/

OK, not as cool as original blue suede Answer Flatfoots, but as a casual/commuter shoe, not too shabby at all.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ha, nice. The Samba was my go to MTB shoe throughout the 90’s. Relatively cheap back then and easy to clean and dry out.

zilog6128

The price has got to put them firmly in try-hard hipster territory! Although I might grab some if I see them at a decent discount. Had a hell of a job a few years back trying to find some normal looking SPD shoes that didn’t cost a fortune (was unsuccessful in the end, although ended up with some Shimano XM7s… didn’t cost a lot more than these, way more functional and not terrible looking as long as you don’t mind the “walking trainer” aesthetic)

joepud
    Free Member

The price has got to put them firmly in try-hard hipster territory!

At 100 quid that’s not really a lot more than a pair of 5:10s and likely the same if not more than a pair of their clips. I wouldn’t mind a pair for town spins look a dam site better my current 5:10 Kestrels.

If they can make a pair that are more waterproof I would be happy to use them for the majority of my riding.

zilog6128

If they can make a pair that are more waterproof I would be happy to use them for the majority of my riding.

that’s why I went with the XM7s… gore-tex, bought them for a week-long tour of Wales where it pissed it down more than a bit, still had dry socks all week 😃. £100 is a lot to spend for a pair of cycling shoes that won’t even keep your feet dry, IMO.

sirromj

Flat pedal version?

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, they’re nice! I had some Vans back in the day that looked just like trainers. These are nicer I think
    £100 is pretty average for MTB shoes. I never pay that, as I always go for sale prices, but you’d be hard pressed to find many cheaper at RRP.

finbar
    Free Member

Unlike the Adidas road shoe, I would buy the hell out of those.

Well, I would if I had to commute anymore, which I don’t…

mjsmke

They look very narrow at the toes.

zerocool

I’d rock a pair of them. Either for commuting /pub rides or maybe off-road (depending on how pretty they looked in the flesh) with the kids.

The amount of normal looking bike shoes are pretty slim and £100 isn’t that bad

kelvin

re-entry into the cycling footwear market after a 15-year hiatus

Err… my cycling footwear has big Adidas logos on them.

Kuco

If only they came in white and with green stripes liked my originals Adidas

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’m holding out for Dunlop VeloGreenFlash.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

“We travel on gravel, dirt road or street
    I wear my Adidas when I rock the beat”

What’s next – Enduro Superstars? Gravel Gazelles?

matt_outandabout

DH ?

curto80
    Free Member

Been looking / waiting for something like this for years. Mine arrived this morning but sadly too big (I ordered a 10.5 and usually size up where half sizes aren’t available so they do come up big). I went for the white but they are actually a bit too lemony for me. They’re pretty heavy but I guess that’s inevitable with the spd plate.

Went to exchange them but they’ve sold out of everything already except for the yellow and pink which are maybe a bit too jazzy for the commute.

wbm1874

I bought a pair in black, arrived this afternoon. Same fit as Adidas trainers, at least for my feet. I’m quite impressed, similar stiffness to my XM7s, much nicer materials and build than “normal” Sambas. There’s no ventilation holes or similar in the leather, so I wouldn’t want to be pushing hard in them. The leather appears to be waterproofed. Decent £100 shoe.

Only negative with them is they’re more like Gazelles, not Sambas. I prefer Gazelles, so I’m fine with that. Velogazelle would be a crappier name too.

All I need now is for some pubs to open, these are perfect for that mission.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘These shoes? Why yes, yes they are.’ is closed to new replies.