Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • The rise of Skywalker!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

As soon as I here that music its goose bumps. The end of the trailer tho 😳

Poopscoop

Im really not feeling the love for Disney and Star Wars.

I get the impression they are going to kill it for every cent it’s worth till people are just sick of it.

That said,Rogue One was good.

Not even watched Solo and one of the others (can’t remember the name) and I was a massive SW fan as were/are most of my generation that were around for the first three.

It’s all a bit bleh now. Mind you, that’s no doubt due to my age bit as much as anything.lol😁

jamj1974

Not a lot of new footage in the 2nd trailer – but it looks good. It can’t be worse than The Last Jedi though!!

darthpunk
    Free Member

Not a lot of new footage in the 2nd trailer – but it looks good. It can’t be worse than The Last Jedi though!!

We won’t get an actual trailer till about October, this is just some fans service ont he back of a Disney Junket to get the hype brewing.

I’ll call it now, Evil Rey is either some drippy dream, or it’s a clone being used as a vessel for the Emperors soul and Rey will have to fight herself

I liked all the Star Destroyers lined up for a fight though

Northwind

Poopscoop

Not even watched Solo

Solo’s good! I mean, it’s basically an episode of FIrefly but it’s good.

funkmasterp

That explains why I really like Solo. Feature length Firefly with guest appearance from Chewbacca. I honestly like it more than Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Rogue One is great too. I’ll wait for the digital release of this new one as last two were a bit lacking imo.

DickBarton

Solo was bobbins…in fact almost all of the new stars wars (everything after the first 3 that were made) have been mince…formulaic and very predictable (and all telling the exact same story, strangely in 3 parts).
    Rogue One was the best out the lot, but it didn’t have to try too hard.
    Saying that, I’ve watched them all, so I’m clearly a glutton for terrible star wars stories.

Drac

I rewatched Solo the other night and enjoyed it more but it wasn’t great.

spacemonkey

I probably prefer Solo to the other recent releases. Partly because I’m a huge Chewwie fan and also as it was a good old fashioned romp. Tue other films would all benefit from being 30-45 mins shorter IMO.

And FTR I too am a huge fan of the whole SW universe.

argee

The last Jedi killed the franchise for me, too many scenes that changed the whole construct of Star Wars

athgray
    Free Member

I think Disney have made one very good Star Wars film in Rogue One, a watchable and enjoyable crime caper in Solo, and two complete stinkers.
    (The Mandalorian looks like it could be very good. Here is hoping).

jamj1974

We won’t get an actual trailer till about October, this is just some fans service ont he back of a Disney Junket to get the hype brewing.

I know it’s not a ‘trailer’ trailer – but effectively, it’s doing the same job for us as it’s potential audience.

I’ll call it now, Evil Rey is either some drippy dream, or it’s a clone being used as a vessel for the Emperors soul and Rey will have to fight herself.

My thoughts exactly.

Drac

I’m looking forward to it but not building up my hopes the Last Jedi was ok it certainly didn’t change the construct.

I won’t be watching many trailers and certainly not fan made ones.

DickBarton

Looks like a remake of Highlander in that poster…

nickc

changed the whole construct of Star Wars

Go on…

shermer75
    Free Member

So, was that a fan made trailer then? If so, where did they get the new footage?

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ll call it now, Evil Rey is either some drippy dream

Like the tree scene in The Empire Strikes Back.

I dunno. I might watch it when it appears on ITV2 in a few years’ time. Rogue One was ace but The Last Jedi borked Star Wars for me.

jamj1974

So, was that a fan made trailer then? If so, where did they get the new footage?

Nope. Official Disney one for the Disney promo event.

hatter

Never been that attached to Star Wars but always regarded them as top notch popcorn munching films, in one ear, out the other but a perfectly serviceable way to kill a few hours.

The lack of attachment seems to explain why I was perfectly content with the Last Jedi, whilst the more invested amongst us… to put it mildly… weren’t

robgclarkson
    Free Member

no ones hates star wars film more than star wars “fans”… it’s like the 1st 3 films are untouchable and shouldn’t ever be messed added to/embellished upon… i don’t get it!

also, most of us, when we saw ep iv v & vi, will have been less than 10 years old… that’s the target audience here, i think we lose sight of that.

and one last thing, i remember when ep i, ii & iii came out and they were slated… now they’ve come of age and people re-watch them with glee and delight! make of that what you will.

i’ve enjoyed every star wars film that’s come out so far… no one’s making anyone watch them you know….

can’t wait for the next installment.

anagallis_arvensis

Last Jedi was better than Force Awakens imo.
    Star Wars Rebels is better than any movie apart from original trilogy.

funkmasterp

i remember when ep i, ii & iii came out and they were slated… now they’ve come of age and people re-watch them with glee and delight

Really? I’m not a huge fan of Star Wars, but those films are shite and have aged very badly. Thought that was the general consensus on them.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more, Last Jedi’s not perfect, but at least it wasn’t just a rehash of A New Hope with new locations and slightly changed stormtroopers

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Really? I’m not a huge fan of Star Wars, but those films are shite and have aged very badly. Thought that was the general consensus on them.

nope, people who were about 10 when they came out are now late 20s and they’re love by that generation… just have a look at instagram groups on the matter

molgrips
    Free Member

I have enjoyed them all. Megafans hate them because they’re ‘wrong’ or something, but basically they are all the same kind of thing. The only difference with the original three was that we were all younger when they came out, and they were different at the time. They influenced cinema so that doing the same thing again becomes harder.

I think that all the other films have had the same ingredients, they just don’t have the same impact. I don’t quite know what haters of the later films would have liked to see…

IHN

U R mentalz

Couldn’t agree more, Last Jedi’s not perfect, but at least it wasn’t just a rehash of A New Hope with new locations and slightly changed stormtroopers

At least Force Awakens wasn’t boring. And didn’t have a space donkey race. And didn’t have Space Mary Poppins.

Daffy

Both the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi were quite rubbish. TFA is just A New Hope (The original film) just shuffled around a bit. TLJ was trying to be Empire Strikes Back, where all hope is lost and the rebellion is on its knees, but it sucked so bad that no one actually cared.

funkmasterp

nope, people who were about 10 when they came out are now late 20s and they’re love by that generation… just have a look at instagram groups on the matter

That actually surprises me. The originals have aged better than them and the acting and effects are woeful. Look like something that the sci-fi channel would do. My younger brother and sister are in their 20’s and they and their friends agree with me.

I think the new ones have lacked a decent villain. Kevin the teenaged Jedi and his epic hissy fits don’t quite make the cut. Pity as Driver is a brilliant actor.

Northwind

I actually quite enjoyed Last Jedi. Yeah it’s a mess but there’s bits in it that are pretty awesome… this sounds like gcse film studies but the use of colour and light is just fantastic at times- in the big lightsaber fight with rey and kylo ren, and that stupid bit with the speeders in the desert, and the suicide jump to light speed… Really gorgeous, striking bits of filming I thought.

Most of it, not so much, though.

beej

Final trailer:

oikeith

I found this trailer lacking, a good trailer I’ll watch twice, wish I never watched this one… C3PO saying friends and other awful characters I hate getting screentime, not enough Palpatine too

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

You had one Job

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ll go and see it on the big screen, but my expectations are pretty low after the Last jedi, but hey, that’s usually not a bad place to start.

I went into TFA awakens with the prequels firmly in mind and it turned out great, went into TLJ buoyed by TFA and Rogue One and it was a complete turd of a thing.

martinhutch

Liked the look of a lot of it, horses galloping on the deck of a star destroyer, not so much.

jekkyl

oh god that’s dire, I wish 3PO would die, with lines like that.

zilog6128

Yeah it looks terrible, I will probably still go to the cinema to see it though (even if it’s just to finally draw a line under the whole sorry mess) so I guess it’s done it’s job 😂

timmys

Yeah, those horses and that 3PO bit look tragic

Tickets booked obviously.

nickc

How do ticket sales of films that people hate show up on the bottom line differently to those that don’t?

belfastflyer
    Free Member

I don’t watch the new star wars, it ended at Return of the Jedi for me.

Pretty clear to me that the girl is either the emperor’s daughter or a clone from him.

martinhutch

or a clone from him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘The rise of Skywalker!’ is closed to new replies.