Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The little things that brighten up your workday.
  • Cougar

I’ve got couple of days off work, and won’t be in contact with my team / boss now until Tues.

So I’ve sent out a handover email to them signed off “See You Next Tuesday.”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sounds like swear filter avoidance.

Cougar

Our email doesn’t have a swear filter. And anyway, it was just me being cheery, obviously.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No but this forum has.

What did you really say ?

sobriety
    Free Member

The little things that brighten up your workday.

Hometime;-)

RobHilton
    Free Member

A job well done, payday, Sharon from accounting

JulianA
    Free Member

A piece of well written code…
    Short dresses, low cut tops…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed Pay Day.. woohoooo!

That and Spinach/Mushrooms/scrambled eggs for breakie… 😆

jojoA1
    Free Member

When the computers and the phones go down.
    Ah, peace!

stumpyjon

The 2 apprentices i stuck my neck out for a couple weeks ago to secure a big pay rise being absolute stars this week, working their back sides off and performing brilliantly in difficult circumstances. Bradley & Lee if you’re reading this thank you.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

We have a couple of creationists here, so everyday can be great. I think I may buy them some little plastic dinosaurs as a gift someday soon

willard

WFH: The smell of the second cup of fresh ground coffee blocking out the grassy tang of my dog’s farts
    WFO: The jar of Jaffa Cakes in the kitchen.
    Both: Payday. Hometime.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Linda and her phallic cucumber. 😯

marcus7
    Free Member

Being the boss and telling the lads to finish early as it’s too nice outside for work… Tends to go down well…

matt_outandabout

Mucking around behind today’s practice-for-the-important-webinar session.

Cue boss and I taking it in turns to wear silly hats, bee costumes ( 8) ) , moon walking, secret stairs, the whole nine yards….

crossland
    Free Member

Having a fashion design house on our industrial estate, some of the outfits are interesting…..

RustySpanner

Tracey gave me French plait and a digestive today.

Client 2 shat himself in truly monumental fashion – head to toe, bed and walls etc.
    A number 7, Bristol Stool Chart fans.
    But, crucially, five minutes after I’d finished my shift.
    🙂

binners

I nip out for a fag at least once an hour, then spray myself with my can of Eu De Stale Tobacco before I sit down.

Drives the bloke sat next to me mad. He thinks I don’t see him turning nose up 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

When I went on holiday on 30th of April and got to sign off my hand over email with “Have a nice May”.

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

My Toyota Corolla 1.6 automatic engine is purrrriinnggg which is good but I am very disappointed with the body work. I think it was involved in the accident before … dammit … I did not check properly as I bought it in a hurry. 😮

cheney
    Free Member

Filling colleagues locker drawers full of packing peanuts.

Sealing colleagues cups to canteen table.

Salt in colleagues kettle.

Not getting found out.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The fact that we sell coffee, nice coffee.
    The Train home.

garage-dweller

A nice cup of Assam tea mid morning
    The periodic baked treats that appear from two of my colleagues whose other halves bake for fun. 😀
    Any bacon sandwich tax event when I am not the one buying

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Nothing, no pin prick of light, penetrates the steely grey emptiness that is the drizzle of my working life. Every excruciating second is a monotone scream of pointlessness. Even the the pyrrhic victory of payday is a crushing anticlimax as the direct debits plunder the product of my bondage until all that remains is it’s skeletal carcass, quivering, huddled close to the overdraft of my doom.

But I’ve got a fuel card.

seadog101

Pilfering? As much free food and coffee I can consume? There’s a good gym? I don’t commute?

There’s little that makes my day good. Knowing I’m flying home in a week is nice, and that I still have a job to come back to in another months time. Redundancy threatens us right now.

Sorry for being a misery guts.

Drac

“Thank you for all that you have done.”

Those few words mean so much.

zippykona

Wearing shorts and flip flops. I’d hate to have to wear a suit.
    Also reigning supreme over what we listen to.
    The council putting in a bike rack right outside our door so I can keep an eye on my bike all day.

CountZero

Going home.

jamj1974

Drac – Moderator
    “Thank you for all that you have done.”
    Those few words mean so much.

Doesn’t matter who it is from, an honest, heartfelt thank you is always a real joy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Skipping winter and spending the rest of the month working from the UK.
    Free Peroni on the way home from work trips
    Being able to live in the country and get my city fix

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Seeing some of the new Junior doctors in skirts and low cut tops!!!! Not good for the patient but a nice smelly wound that needs a dressing change. Oh and hometime.

BigDummy
    Free Member

My office has a tea lady. This means that the first thing that happens when I get to work is that a woman bustles in with a cup of coffee for me, gives me a huge grin and says “Morning Mister Jon!”.

It’s hard not to feel cheered by that.

🙂

globalti
    Free Member

The smiling tea lady bringing me a mug of coffee at ten and tea at 3.

The very horny Scouse girl in Marketing…. you can look and you can dream but don’t touch!

ski
    Free Member

Factory gossip, as long as it’s not about you 😉

I wrestle sharks apparently

cheekyget
    Free Member

1st coffee at work always goes down well

garage-dweller

1st coffee at work always goes down well

Your coffee is clearly better than ours 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Free bike branded T-shirts always make the day a bit better even though I have loads already.

batfink
    Free Member

Any day that I don’t upset the Japanese team is good…. unfortunately they don’t come along very often. Today was ok – I have only caused some mild upset so far.

Ok, and leaving early on a Friday to go surfing, here:

hels
    Free Member

Watching the guy across the other side of the room send faxes. Yes, it is 2015 and they send faxes, I am not sure to whom, Gordon Gecko perhaps ? It reminds me of gentler and easier times, when women wore shoulder pads and men all had skinny ties and ridiculous hair.

theotherjonv

when my colleague goes on holiday. A more spiteful individual i have yet to meet, when they are away the whole mood lifts.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘The little things that brighten up your workday.’ is closed to new replies.