Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The fittest but unhealthiest person in the office . . .
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – shhhhh!!!

I took it very steady anyway (and luckily my two riding partners were too polite to complain at the coughing or the slow pace!)

Anyway my doctor says I dont need to avoid exercise :p

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Work outdoors as much as you can if possible. Get away from office environments. I don’t remember my last cold, though I have had hospital visits due to genetic eye problems but that can’t count surely!

Eat like a maniac, and pile the veg up high on the plate too. Don’t neglect meat and carbs too.

BrickMan

Take a rest. Like a 1 month off the bike type of rest.

I did a similar thing to myself about a year ago when I was between jobs, started riding to fill the void, then more and more until I was doing ridiculous (by my standards) weekly mileages and climbs. Got to the point where I felt just amazing doing anything and my back was the best its ever been (thanks to lots of regular time in the gym at the time).

However, if someone in the next town sneezed, Id get a kicking cold that would render me useless for 5 days at a time, when normally I have a bosse immune system (only 1 sick day in 11 years of working + uni). Doc said take a break, I did for 2 weeks, didn’t do anything. Tried again for a month and that sorted it, haven’t been ill since.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘The fittest but unhealthiest person in the office . . .’ is closed to new replies.