Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • That – "Bollocks!" feeling
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

When you spy a random ball bearing on the garage floor and and don’t know which of the 4 cup and cone wheels you recently serviced it came out of..

weeksy

When you look at your new Ducati and have a coolant leak.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep looking down and realising you have cup and cone hubs, hit’s me every time

wwaswas

When you spy a random ball bearing on the garage floor and and don’t know which of the 4 cup and cone wheels you recently serviced it came out of.. wonder who’s nicked the freezer

ftfy

fasthaggis

Yup,men’s health can be time consuming,but better safe than sorry .

teasel
    Free Member

When you snub your toe on a protrusion only to realise it’s now pissing blood…

johnj2000
    Free Member

Being 20 mins into a journey to your ride destination only to remember that you left the front through axel on top of the workbench in the garage.

chip
    Free Member

When you catch your scrotum in your zipper as your wet grundies are in your bag after wearing them only for an impromptu dip in a river.

spawnofyorkshire

this has been mine today

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/superstar-10mm-qr-wont-fit-in-dropouts

realisation i probably won’t be riding my new bike soon

beardo74
    Free Member

When you drive 10 minutes to go for a sub-zero night ride, spend 10 minutes getting kitted up with lights etc and then finally realise you’ve brought 2 left gloves…..

wwaswas

When you drive 10 minutes

ride from home next time 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

A mate of mine turned up for a ride – having left his front axel at home. Another brought what he thought were his SPD shoes, they were in fact his wife’s SPD shoes 🙂

beardo74
    Free Member

When you drive 10 minutes

ride from home next time

Fair point! 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

When you commit to a super booter/road gap and realise you’re on the wrong bike 😯

Gunz
    Free Member

When tightening up a bolt and you suddenly feel the resistance tail off as you strip the thread.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

When you cut the carbon steerer on your forks with the headset preload in place.. just got away with it!

griffiths1000
    Free Member

When you put the tire lever through the new tube just fitting to your road bike. 😥

milko9000
    Free Member

When you pump the bike through a compression and your right shoulder dislocates and it turns out you weren’t quite as far through rehab as you’d hoped 🙁

dday

When that tubeless tire finally pops on after 40 minutes of wrestling and pumping, and realize it the rear tire is now on the front rim with the rotation arrow pointing the wrong way.

PiknMix
    Free Member

When you dig your lawn to turn it into a border and find a patio underneath, followed by looking on Google Earth and realising where your new pond is going also will have a patio under the grass.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

When you dump clean up washings overboard only to realise you have just thrown the quick release block mechanism on the lifeboat davit that you were cleaning into the bloody Indian Ocean.

fasthaggis

When that tubeless tire finally pops on after 40 minutes of wrestling and pumping, and realize it the rear tire is now on the front rim with the rotation arrow pointing the wrong way.

Genuine LOL 🙂 ,well done sir

BoardinBob

Driving 40 minutes for a night ride then discovering you’ve left the batteries for your lights on the worktop in the kitchen

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

have to admit dday that made me laugh..

joshvegas
    Free Member

When you wake up Monday morning.

davosaurusrex

Driving from the South coast to Nant Yr Arian and finding your front axle is safely at home on the garage floor….

hooli

When you turn up for a night ride after work, get dressed, get the bike out the car, connect lights and then go to put on gloves only to realise that they are still at home. A 2 hour night ride at 0 degrees or pack it all up and go home.

nach
    Free Member

When you slip and stick a knife through the sidewall of a new tyre you just put on the bike.

iainc

this was many yrs ago, but a cracker. Drove 20 mins or so to pick up a mate and then another hr to a planned long, big sky loop. He put his bike on roof beside mine and I put his kit bag in boot. Arrived later at said ride start point, unloaded, and discovered that he had been fettling bike and had removed and replaced cranks….but at 90 degrees rather than 180….not a lot we could do with a multitool 😈

milky1980
    Free Member

rocketman
    When you commit to a super booter/road gap and realise you’re on the wrong bike

Yep, last week!

griffiths1000
    When you put the tire lever through the new tube just fitting to your road bike.

About 50% of the time.

milko9000
    When you pump the bike through a compression and your right shoulder dislocates and it turns out you weren’t quite as far through rehab as you’d hoped

Happened for about 3 months, also when in the shower or getting something high up in the kitchen or supermarket.

Had ‘that’ feeling this morning when I had to phone in sick at 4am. 3 weeks off getting the “12 months without sickness” £100 bonus 👿

Kryton57

When you’ve just let one of these slip out of your hand in the company canteen…

It was surprisingly loud…

wwaswas

in the company canteen

Kryton57

I’m high class don’t you know…

IA

When the inner race only knocks out of a stuck bearing you’re trying to get out a frame leaving only the outer race and no direct access to the back of it…

Junkyard
    Free Member

arriving at the high street paying for all day parking and then relasiing your bike has no chain

next time my rear mech snapped about half way up

vermillion
    Free Member

When you open your wallet and realise the cashback you should’ve taken from the ‘Notes out’ slot at the self service checkout is not there.

BoardinBob

Eliot the uplift driver at Inners told me a cracker a few weeks ago…

A bunch of guys drove up from Manchester to Inners for the uplift. When they got there they discovered they had left the keys for the bike racks back in Manchester. They asked Elliot for help and he suggested they go to a local farm and see if the farmer could cut the racks and get the bikes free. They headed off to the farm then reappeared an hour or so after with the bikes free. They went to sign on to the uplift…and discovered they’d actually booked on for Ae rather than Inners…and Inners was full 😆

weeksy

vermillion – Member

When you open your wallet and realise the cashback you should’ve taken from the ‘Notes out’ slot at the self service checkout is not there.

Yup, done that one too.. luckily it was only £10 and was in ASDA so someone poor got the money who needed it more than me 🙂

binners

That awful realisation….

Non organic? Can you imagine?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I too spent forty minute trying to forcibly persuade a tubeless tyre onto a rim, followed by several more minutes attempting to inflate said tyre whil;e screaming “stay blown up you ****!” at it…

…only to discover that the bloody directional bloody arrows were pointing the wrong bloody way.

I actually contemplated rebuilding the wheel to fix it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘That – "Bollocks!" feeling’ is closed to new replies.