Home Forums Chat Forum Tents – alternative to Vaude Terraquattro 3P?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tents – alternative to Vaude Terraquattro 3P?
  • vanilla83
    Free Member

Been using a friend’s Vaude Terraquattro 3P for a while (and they want it back now) and its been fantastic. Is there anything similar that I should consider before getting one of my own?

I mainly wild camp / campsites that are remote or off the beaten track. I def need something that can handle very strong winds, rain, be able to fit two people + stuff and be easy to put up.

Joe

I’d buy another vaude. Customer service is second to none and their tents seem very high end.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Hilliberg –can pick up good second hand ones

ElShalimo

Vaude make very good tents at reasonably sensible prices so buying one is a good move. It really does depend on your budget and requirements what will work for you.
    I got a new backpacking/touring tent last year but my approach was list my requirements and then filter all the tents that didn’t match to save time*
    e.g. here’s some made up crap but you’ll get the gist
    budget: £300
    capacity: 3 people
    weight: 3kg max
    style: tunnel/geodesic/semi-geo
    pitching: as one, flysheet first etc
    headroom: 110cm
    pack size: 45 x 20cm
    pegs: avoid tiny titanium skewers as they get lost easily and can come out in a storm
    porch size: ??

The golden rule with tents is to try to see it pitched before you buy it as floorplans and sketches don’t tell you if your size 11s will fit whilst sleeping etc.

*This is pretty anal but it was the best way to get what I wanted.

Pieface

They do have some interesting design ideas though that can be a bit dubious. The Wabadee(?) large tent being a case in point, the pitching method is strange but a good tent once up.

Other than that I’ve always liked their kit, especially the Hogan and Taurus lines.

ElShalimo

have a look at lightwave/crux tents – great quality, very robust and light too
    fantastic customer support if you have any problems
    UK based too

vanilla83
    Free Member

Thanks – all very helpful. Hadn’t heard of Crux before so will take a look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tents – alternative to Vaude Terraquattro 3P?’ is closed to new replies.