Home Forums Bike Forum TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

• This topic has 1,120 replies, 137 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,121 total)
  • TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
  • ratherbeintobago

I see Cav and Jacobsen are off the back again

llama

It’s Israel, not Isreal

Write it out again 100 times till you remember ;)

alpin
    Free Member

It’s Israel, not Isreal

Write it out again 100 times till you remember

I would like to try and blame the grappa, but I’ll admit, I wasn’t quite sure, but had no phone signal…..

Klunk
    Free Member

I see Cav and Jacobsen are off the back again

all back in the peloton have taken their foot off the gas.

Klunk
    Free Member

seems a bit off with MvdP… turning up for the tdf as a training regime for the Olympics, really ?

crazy-legs

seems a bit off with MvdP… turning up for the tdf as a training regime for the Olympics, really ?

Riders do this all the time to some extent. Every race is a training event for the Tour, they’ll pull out of races like the Vuelta in order to be fresh for the Worlds, pull out of the Tour for the Olympics…

Personally, I think it’s pretty disrespectful but then I’m not a pro rider or a team manager so what do I know?!

Klunk
    Free Member

Fabio Jakobsen looks in a bad way

DrJ

I suppose it’s frowned upon to stop to take a photo in order to get a crafty breather ?

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

CAMPENAERTS pulling like a deltic!

Klunk
    Free Member

absolutely epic!

crazy-legs

Looking forward to the highlights. Been at Bespoked all day so I know what’s happened from looking at the cyclingnews live feed but be good to see some scenery!

whyterider93
    Free Member

Although it didn’t pay off, smart riding by Pog backing off slightly at the end to try and put someone else into yellow and avoid the podium etc

Watty

So I won’t spoil it for peeps waiting for the highlights show; well done to that bloke that won 👍

ratherbeintobago

Is tomorrow a likely sprint do we think?

stevious

I think it’s going to be tricky to keep this thread alive without spoilers. Sure;y if you’re wainting for the highlights you’re going to avoid this thread?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Another gentle training ride for Cav.  Saving himself.   Tomorrow is a possible sprint.  Go have.

crazy-legs

Great highlights show on ITV4!

Is tomorrow a likely sprint do we think?

231km of potentially not a lot (until the final 20km anyway). Live from 2pm on ITV4, maybe EuroSport will have earlier coverage. I can’t see Cav doing it tomorrow, not so soon after 2 very tough days, one of which he was suffering like a dog.

The fight for yellow might be quite amusing – with the top 4 on GC all on same time, it’ll be interesting to see if Evenepoel, Carapaz or Vingegaard pop out somewhere along the route to nab a bonus second or two and take the yellow! Even Bardet is only 6″ back.

Klunk
    Free Member

if Jonas wins this from here it will be epic…..UAE have Yates, Almeida & Ayuso to hit him before the coup de grâce from the pogimonster with only Jorgenson at a similar level for support.

Even though Roglic struggled today teamwise he looks in a better position than Jonas, with Hindley and Vlasov there abouts.

Tuesday is going to massive!

nbt

I think it’s going to be tricky to keep this thread alive without spoilers. Sure;y if you’re wainting for the highlights you’re going to avoid this thread?

In previous years, we’ve had a daily thread with spoilers, then the general thread where generally we didn’t post anything like spoilers until the next day or later, but this year there’s not been anyone who’s able to step up and post the daily thread for varying reasons

Kryton57

The last 20 a great watch.  I’ll be up early to move my office (laptop) in front of the TV for 3 weeks.

Klunk
    Free Member

tomorrows parkour

not too sure what the sink holes represent :) hey ho!

stevious

Great ride by Remco to catch the big 2 at the end. Also there’s not footage of his move so he could well have teleported for all we know.

Worth giving a big up to ITV for playing this over the recap of yesterday’s winner as well.

anagallis_arvensis

Did the same last year, I don’t think he really wants to race le tour but his team want him there for publicity. I expect he’ll be on lead out duties today so saving his legs yesterday is also a wise move.

Worth giving a big up to ITV for playing this over the recap of yesterday’s winner as well.

Played it a lot when he last won a stage too!!!

crazy-legs

Good round up of yesterday plus details for today’s stage.
    Even Inrng is putting Cav way down the list of sprinting prospects. I predict a day of vineyards and lovely northern Italy scenery, an ultimately doomed breakaway 5 minutes up the road and really not a lot else for about 200km.

Tour de France Stage 3 Preview

Klunk
    Free Member

top 10

POGAČAR Tadej UAE Team Emirates 9:53:30
    EVENEPOEL Remco Soudal Quick-Step
    VINGEGAARD Jonas Team Visma | Lease a Bike
    CARAPAZ Richard EF Education – EasyPost
    BARDET Romain Team dsm-firmenich PostNL 0:06
    VAN GILS Maxim Lotto Dstny 0:21
    BERNAL Egan INEOS Grenadiers
    BILBAO Pello Bahrain – Victorious
    PIDCOCK Thomas INEOS Grenadiers
    CICCONE Giulio Lidl – Trek

onehundredthidiot

They’ve always done parts of the tour then popped off for worlds, Olympics whatever. Cav did it and famously got very grumpy with wiggo when he failed to medal (possibly wouldn’t be here this year if he’d stayed and bagged 1 more stage win).

I expect him to give it a shot today then pull out.

Klunk
    Free Member

random pics from yesterday

Klunk
    Free Member

lots to look at along todays route

Klunk
    Free Member

that it needs 2 posts

eckinspain
    Free Member

Vinegaard has to happy with yesterday. He reacted really quickly to Pog’s attack and seemed to stay with him fairly comfortably. Given the lack of racing he’s had this year, that’s a great result for him.

Klunk
    Free Member

I guess we will see tomorrow :) Be interesting to see whether some of his lieutenants checked out early yesterday in preparation for tomorrow otherwise it could get quite lonely with just Jorgenson for company, Sepp Cuss is a big miss. Kelderman should recover a bit today for him though.

Klunk
    Free Member

early start….

crazy-legs

While the TV feed was concentrating on the chase and the attacks at the front, the cameras are the back caught one of the back markers casually wheelie-ing up the steep climb.

For over a minute.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-1-july-2024-309165

Scroll down through the text, there’s a link to a video.

scaredypants

wheelie was great and he nearly dropped his companion, too ! 😂

Such a beautiful country

scaredypants

Was a consensus reached ( 🤣🤣 ) about use of spoilers in here ?

I’d be happy for ALL TdF chat to be in here, spoilers’n’all but I’m sure a bit of explicit clarity wouldn’t go amiss – say getting either “contains spoilers” or “no spoilers please” added to the title by a mod

crazy-legs

The fact that there’s bugger all happening on the stage so far means the helicopter is doing some great scenery shots. EuroSport – live coverage but they’re talking about cooking, race transfers and anything else they can think of to pass the time.

Klunk
    Free Member

talk of some pidders pogi agro vids from yesterday, couldn’t find anything though :?

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.