Home Forums Bike Forum TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

• This topic has 1,120 replies, 137 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,121 total)
  • TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
    martinhutch

They should have this feature on Strava routes where it comes up with a figure of how slowly you’d have to do it to miss the notional cut-off if it were a TdF stage, and then you can destroy yourself trying to go inside that time.

crazy-legs

Domestique (Twitter feed) have just posted a pic of him coming under the 3km to go, well inside time.

Klunk
    Free Member

doesn’t seem very accurate (the live data I posted) :)

Klunk
    Free Member

everyone home inside the time (10 mins to spare)

don’t think any of the “proper” sprinters found that stage very easy so all is not lost for Cav

snotrag

He’s safe.

Bloody hell what a way to start. I’m going to guess, nasty bug, bit of D&V.

I know sometimes when I’ve felt ill I’ve wondered if some exercise might be a way to force ig through my body. Maybe not a 200km climbing stage though!

TiRed

not sick, just hot and dropped. We all have bad days at the office. Well done Cab.

crazy-legs

They should have this feature on Strava routes where it comes up with a figure of how slowly you’d have to do it to miss the notional cut-off if it were a TdF stage, and then you can destroy yourself trying to go inside that time.

GCN did a feature using *just* the Alpe d’Huez segment (the 2022 stage that Tom Pidcock won). Not the full stage, just that last climb. The last rider in was Fabio Jakobsen in 57’01” (on that segment) so they took that time and put Hank up against it.

He failed by about 9 minutes on that one segment alone

The difference is just insane. Literally the only thing in common between a pro cyclist and someone like us is the fact that we can actually buy more or less the same bike. The speed difference is off the charts.

Klunk
    Free Member

Think he (Cav) lost most of the time (to the rest of the autobus on the first climb they finished about 10 mins ahead) he seem much improved later on in the stage he had more colour in his face.

masterdabber
    Free Member

The difference is just insane. Literally the only thing in common between a pro cyclist and someone like us is the fact that we can actually buy more or less the same bike. The speed difference is off the charts.

An example of that is, perhaps, David Moncoutié, a 49 year old ex-Cofidis team rider. He lives in the general area of Figeac near to where we have a place about 20 miles away…… when he rides in our area all the KOMs get beaten by a lot. And this is him at his current age.   A totally different league. And I bet he is having a munch on a baguette when he’s doing it.

Klunk
    Free Member

Nice that the young Lad is in the green jersey.

crazy-legs

Tour de France Stage 2 Preview

Let’s do it all again today!
    I’m off to Bespoked in a bit so I’ll get some of it on TV there but most on the highlights tonight.

Klunk
    Free Member

possibility crosswinds gusting to 33 mph might make the exposed flat section after Imola a bit more spicey…

any way some local flavour

Klunk
    Free Member

top ten going into todays stage

1 BARDET Romain
    2 VAN DEN BROEK Frank
    3 VAN AERT Wout
    4 POGAČAR Tadej
    5 VAN GILS Maxim
    6  ARANBURU Alex
    7 PEDERSEN Mads
    8 EVENEPOEL Remco
    9 BILBAO Pello
    10 BETTIOL Alberto

only 54 riders with a realistic chance of being in yellow after today.

crazy-legs

Love that FvdB got Green, White and Combativity yesterday!

Great work on the photo album @Klunk ! :-)
    Those hilltop forts yesterday were incredible.

Klunk
    Free Member

never stays car

no longer on google  :?

Klunk
    Free Member

fazzini

Great images @Klunk thanks for doing the daily previews and post-stage bits too 🙏🏻

rOcKeTdOg

David Moncoutié

Iirc he was in the non doping minority back in his racing days. Beat the cheats in races too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Mark implies yesterday’s ride was heat related, but planned, and that he is the wrong body type to ride the TdF.  What does he mean by that ?

Also is he implying he will drop out if he gets his stage win ?

Klunk
    Free Member

masterdabber
    Free Member

Iirc he was in the non doping minority back in his racing days. Beat the cheats in races too.

Yes, David Moncoutié was known for being a NON doper (despite him riding for Cofidis) and won two TdeF stages plus other GT stage wins. He is a supporter of the excellent Figeacoise sportive.

ratherbeintobago

On a slight tangent, anyone know the link for the video where a load of French comedians were setting up random cyclists as if they’d won a mountain stage? Google-fu failing me

PJ266
    Free Member

Remi Gaillard is your man!

ratherbeintobago

@PJ266 It’s the last chap who gets completely into it that makes it, isn’t it?

Klunk
    Free Member

MvdP and WvA in conversation

Klunk
    Free Member

busy already with 4+hrs to wait!

Klunk
    Free Member

that is quite blustery out there …. hints of echelons!

fazzini

Remi Gaillard is your man!

You don’t get any of that on the ‘Col de Tanners Bank’ 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

the gc teams just wiped the smiles a few ds’s faces :)

crazy-legs

What’s happening?

For the benefit of those like me who are not in front of a TV today…

alpin
    Free Member

My handy work the night prior to yesterday’s stage 1,on the last hairpin before the first summit.

Klunk
    Free Member

What’s happening?

break have about 6.45 on the peloton with 110km to go, very gusty wind though the gc teams have come to the front to add some heat on the first two climbs. Also a gorgeous part of the world :)

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.