Home Forums Bike Forum TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

• This topic has 1,120 replies, 137 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,121 total)
  • TDF 2024 general chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
  • TiRed

Project 36 😉

Philipsen tomorrow I think.

Klunk
    Free Member
    thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m sooooo much looking forward to the re-edit of the netflix documentary…

Sooo much

Couldn’t work out whether to laugh or cry when one of the commentators said it was a comeback to rival Tiger Woods! There’s just no comparison.

ads678

Watching the highlights on ITV+1. Do we really need a time trial for dummy’s section today!!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Which dummy has an aection?

ads678

And fat thumbs…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well, we’ve watched today’s sprint 5 times now, and just been through a compilation of all 35 wins. My wife first watched le Tour in 2021, so missed out on the years of utter his utter dominance. She’s hooked on the TdF though, largely due to supporting Cav in the sprints.

gray

I think you’d have had to be living under a rock to avoid the result to be honest, the entire internet exploded!

I steer clear of likely sources of spoilers. Generally not that hard to do. But some stupid wazzock at Cycles UK decided that it was a good idea to send out some spam with “Cav makes it 35!” in the subject line, which was the only spoiler I saw. I deleted it instantly but couldn’t wipe my memory… bah. I’ve sent them an arsey email and unsubscribed from their mailing list. That’ll teach ’em!

Klunk
    Free Member

there’s a chance of some crosswind action tomorrow :)

thenorthwind

Was avoiding it to watch later since we had a friend round… My wife said she’d seen something in the news and spoilt it for herself so I’d half guessed, but then my father-in-law messaged me about it 🤦‍♂️

Still a great moment.

nbt

Today was the best day EVER to just not get round to checking social media. Had no idea of the result, sat down to watch the ITV highlights programme at 9pm. On the final descent, i said to Mrs NBT that Cav must be feeling good to get the team on the front like that, and the team did a super job of keeping him up there. Watching him surf wheels in the last 750m was like vintage Cav, and it almost felt inevitable that he was going to win. I’m surprised the neighbours haven’t been round to see what all the screaming was about…

And yes, i saw the Lidl Trek rider go down and the Cofidis Ryder bunny hop him live, even as i was reveling in Cav’s win

Anyone else planning to be in front of the TV for the last 20k tomorrow for #36?

Bunnyhop

It’s been very dusty in the Bunnyhop household.

From about 20 -30 km out and Sir Cav’s team had their act together. Have now watched the sprint finish 3 times, it’s Cav of old. So very pleased and screamed so loudly I possibly scared the neighbours.

Wow, just wow. Can he get 36? I really think so.

Klunk
    Free Member

Who’s that in fourth place? Looks a bit like an old colleague of mine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Norsgaard

Tom-B
    Free Member

Anyone else planning to be in front of the TV for the last 20k tomorrow for #36?

Yes!!!

We’ve now had a sixth viewing of the final 3km 🙈

DougD

Managed to catch it live on TV with 60km to go, was such a great finish, Astana played an absolute blinder with their positioning, then Cav drew on the all those years’ experience to pick the right wheels and the right gaps then still managed to pull away. One win from two flat stages, with six more to go. He and the team are looking decent so can really see him getting another

theotherjonv

there’s a chance of some crosswind action tomorrow

If you haven’t seen this excerpt before, well worth a read

https://chpt3.com/blogs/journal/crosswind-chaos

alpin
    Free Member

Spread a fiver over six riders with a quid in Cavendish at 14/1……. Yay!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Escape has the most important take as ever.

https://escapecollective.com/the-price-of-history-a-smushed-fox-laying-by-the-astana-bus/

Could have been Mads Pedersen if it weren’t for the bunny hop.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Cav nearly ditched due to mechanical while the peleton split in crosswinds, think he’s getting back now as peleton reformed and Pog is no longer isolated.

Klunk
    Free Member

all a bit late now ! but some random rubbish from yesterday :D

Klunk
    Free Member

and some stuff you’ve already seen from today :)

Klunk
    Free Member

UAE are really not good in the wind…. just the 2 big guys @ the front with Pogi isn’t enough, it’s not just isolating him on the road it’s isolating him in the standings too. Visma would like to drop Pogi but if they can’t they’d take putting a couple of minutes into Ayuso and Almeida

crazy-legs

Quite nervy in the “not quite crosswinds”. Cav and Astana up for this again though. Under 20km to go now, should all start picking up pretty soon.

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah the wind dropped off a bit…

TiRed

Astana looking drilled. 5km to go if you want to switch on.

grahamt1980

No 36 today

crazy-legs

Dylan Groenewegen and the Batman aero nose guard by a bare few inches from Philipsen.
    Impressive to see Biniam Girmay up there, his confidence has really been switched on by his win and the green jersey.

TiRed

No spoiler here, but the strongest rider won by less than a bike throw, having to come around. Decent sprint. No bunnyhops today either.

Twodogs

Official: @JasperPhilipsen has been relegated for irregular sprint.

13thfloormonk

Official: @JasperPhilipsen has been relegated for irregular sprint.

Ah, the ‘three forcing-WvA-into-the-barriers and you’re (finally) out rule’ ?

DrJ

“Official: @JasperPhilipsen has been relegated for irregular sprint”

The guy’s a liability.

P.s. what happened to the formatting tools ??

leffeboy

Is there a post stage highlights show on Eurosport with Orla and co like there used to be on GCN? I saw something on youtube that looked like an excerpt from that show but I can’t find anything on Eurosport , but I find their interface difficult to navigate anyway

crazy-legs

Is there a post stage highlights show on Eurosport with Orla and co like there used to be on GCN?

Not sure about EuroSport but the ITV4 highlights at 7pm are excellent.
    Can get them on ITVX streaming as well.

nbt

Eurosport 1 do a 1 hour highlight programme, usually at 8pm. Repeated at 11pm.

Would agree that ITV highlights are excellent, they have much higher production values than eurosport

madeupname
    Free Member

So TT tomorrow (July 5th)

Remco seems to be flying (until it goes downhill). Can he take 45s from Tadej?

Will Vingegaard take time back or is he done? Certainly looked cooked over the top of the Galibier and at the end of stage 4… will he ride into form or was the injury too much to come back from so soon?

Can Rog hold his own with those two?

Or will Pogi just smash it?

leffeboy

“Eurosport 1 do a 1 hour highlight programme, usually at 8pm. Repeated at 11pm”

Mmm, the highlights I can see. This looked like the old ‘breakaway’ show

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.